Apple Store UK charged my card 3 times?!?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mick89, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Mick89 macrumors newbie

I was online this morning during the rush to try and preorder an iPhone 4S. I tried numerous times and kept getting the 'Oops!' error message. I kept trying and eventually managed to complete the order process and preorder an iPhone 4S.

However, upon logging into my online banking account it appears my card has been charged £1497 - the cost of 3 iPhone 4S's. Is it possible I was charged during some of the failed attempts? And if so, who should I contact to get the money refunded? Apple or my bank? PS I ordered using a Visa Debit card. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

2. Deako macrumors 6502

Just cancel your orders by ringing through to Apple Sales Support. Make sure they keep one of your orders active.

They havent actually charged you, just put a hold on the funds until they despatch.

3. Mick89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Deako, I'll give that a go now!

I'd urge anyone else to check their bank statements anyway - I was under the impression the 'Oops!' message meant the entire transaction had been unsuccessful, but now it doesn't seem that way.

Thanks!

4. HellDiverUK macrumors 6502

5. Mick89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha naah just wanted one for myself! Phoned and the woman on the phone was extremely helpful. Apparently I had actually placed 7 orders :eek:! She was able to cancel all the orders but kept one!! I'm excited roll on October 14th!! :D

6. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

I managed to order two, thought it may have been more, for the same reasons. Only had two confirmation emails and cancelled one through that. Strange they can charge you three times as isn't there a limit of 2 per person?