Apple Store updated - what's changing?

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
Same thing for the canadian website. I hope we will see new hardware but at this point I doubt it. Probably just maintenance.

Comment

Jolieo

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2012
Updating

If the the store is down for maintenance, why don't they say maintenance? It says they are " updating " the store. I saw a blurb that they are redoing the store for a better interface. Perhaps that' s what they are doing?

Comment

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
If the the store is down for maintenance, why don't they say maintenance? It says they are " updating " the store. I saw a blurb that they are redoing the store for a better interface. Perhaps that' s what they are doing?
It always says updating when it's down for maintenance.

Comment

Jolieo

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2012
Why?

Why? Do they not know that it drives everyone crazy? Since everyone is drooling right now , I would hope for mercy....

Comment

Smartie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
So it has happened before that they pulled down the store on Sundays. Those times it has mainly been for UI improvements and graphical updates. What is updated this time? I guess we'll know soon...

Comment

justoneaim

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2012
BIG ISLAND HAWAII
omg let it be the releases

Just went to the Swedish Apple store for iMacs. I got caught by this message.

"We'll be back. We're busy updating the Apple Store For you and will be back soon." hope it means new 2012 iMacs!

Sorry can't post a screen pic because I write on the iPad.

Ditto.....................im about to rip my hair out:D

----------

Why? Do they not know that it drives everyone crazy? Since everyone is drooling right now , I would hope for mercy....
Drool i must :apple:

Comment

Moccasin

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2011
Newcastle, UK
As its been done on a Sunday, I wonder if the UI changes will be substantial and the store will be down for longer.

They upgraded the store a few weeks back in some countries and I imagine this will be the point at which they could roll out those changes to their other markets.

With WWDC happening in a few weeks, the best I can imagine is that this update is required now before they update their range. They might also be putting in changes that won't be visible until WWDC - better to make those big changes now and then just make a minor tweak when the range changes.

Last edited:
Comment

Duckypoos

macrumors member
May 7, 2012
last time there was a hardware update i remember seeing a stickie-type notification on the holding page, not a big banner like is there today ....

Take from that what you will .....

Comment

FlatlinerG

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Just down for maintenance. Always curious why anyone ever expects there to just be new products added this way. When has Apple ever done that..

Comment

leman

macrumors G4
Oct 14, 2008
Just down for maintenance. Always curious why anyone ever expects there to just be new products added this way. When has Apple ever done that..
Every time. The store goes down for maintenance and comes up with new products. Has been that way for several years at least.

Comment

IPlayFair

macrumors member
May 12, 2012
Christmas

I must say, some of you are acting like little children at Christmas. Can't wait to get down stairs.

Last edited:
Comment

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
Every time. The store goes down for maintenance and comes up with new products. Has been that way for several years at least.
Yes... WHILE they're being announced. The important part is that the product is being announced, not that the store is down, because that happens for other reasons.

The chances of them slipping in the first redesign of the MacBook Pro in 4 years by way of a Sunday store update is NONE. Zero. It would be incredibly stupid marketing.

Comment

leman

macrumors G4
Oct 14, 2008
Have you followed the Apple website every single time it's updated?
No, I have followed the Apple website every single time new products were introduced.

----------

Yes... WHILE they're being announced. The important part is that the product is being announced, not that the store is down, because that happens for other reasons.

The chances of them slipping in the first redesign of the MacBook Pro in 4 years by way of a Sunday store update is NONE. Zero. It would be incredibly stupid marketing.
This is absolutely correct. And this is also what I am saying. I was just stating the fact that Apple's website goes down each time new products are introduced in reply to FlatlinerG. Of course it does not mean that website down = product upgrades, but when did I say anything like that?

Comment

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
Of course they know it creates buzz.... They don't care if you being driven crazy .... as long as you keep "Apple" in your thoughts they're happy....

Does anybody think there are similar threads popping up when JC Penny or Canadian Tire websites go down for maintenance? Or for any other reason? We, the Apple lemmings, really need to get out more, eh?

Comment

FlatlinerG

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2011
Ontario, Canada
No, I have followed the Apple website every single time new products were introduced.

----------

This is absolutely correct. And this is also what I am saying. I was just stating the fact that Apple's website goes down each time new products are introduced in reply to FlatlinerG. Of course it does not mean that website down = product upgrades, but when did I say anything like that?

But you're acting as though it's going to come back up with new products..Of course the site goes under maintenance when new products come out, but just because the site is under maintenance right now doesn't mean that new products are just going to appear.

Comment