Apple Store updated - what's changing?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Smartie, May 19, 2012.

1. Smartie, May 19, 2012
    Last edited: May 20, 2012

Smartie macrumors regular

Smartie

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

Same thing for the canadian website. I hope we will see new hardware but at this point I doubt it. Probably just maintenance.

4. Smartie thread starter macrumors regular

Smartie

OK, too bad. Got excited. Hadn't seen that post. I know they "don't launch on Sundays" but the first might happen sometime, right?

5. Jolieo macrumors newbie

Updating

If the the store is down for maintenance, why don't they say maintenance? It says they are " updating " the store. I saw a blurb that they are redoing the store for a better interface. Perhaps that' s what they are doing?

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It always says updating when it's down for maintenance.

7. Jolieo macrumors newbie

Why?

Why? Do they not know that it drives everyone crazy? Since everyone is drooling right now , I would hope for mercy....

8. Smartie thread starter macrumors regular

Smartie

So it has happened before that they pulled down the store on Sundays. Those times it has mainly been for UI improvements and graphical updates. What is updated this time? I guess we'll know soon...

9. justoneaim macrumors newbie

justoneaim

omg let it be the releases

Ditto.....................im about to rip my hair out:D

----------

Drool i must :apple:

10. MadTester, May 20, 2012

MadTester macrumors regular

MadTester

Yup..... even the business store is looking like it's getting updated for the possible new interface. :confused:

Attached Files:

11. Moccasin, May 20, 2012

Moccasin macrumors 6502a

Moccasin

As its been done on a Sunday, I wonder if the UI changes will be substantial and the store will be down for longer.

They upgraded the store a few weeks back in some countries and I imagine this will be the point at which they could roll out those changes to their other markets.

With WWDC happening in a few weeks, the best I can imagine is that this update is required now before they update their range. They might also be putting in changes that won't be visible until WWDC - better to make those big changes now and then just make a minor tweak when the range changes.

12. Duckypoos macrumors member

last time there was a hardware update i remember seeing a stickie-type notification on the holding page, not a big banner like is there today ....

Take from that what you will .....

13. nicklaz0r macrumors member

Everything seems normal to me. No updates/maintenance for me.

14. lifeguard90 macrumors 6502a

they changed the message icon to this one vs a sticky months ago

15. FlatlinerG macrumors 6502a

FlatlinerG

Just down for maintenance. Always curious why anyone ever expects there to just be new products added this way. When has Apple ever done that..

16. leman macrumors 604

Every time. The store goes down for maintenance and comes up with new products. Has been that way for several years at least.

17. IPlayFair, May 20, 2012

IPlayFair macrumors member

Christmas

I must say, some of you are acting like little children at Christmas. Can't wait to get down stairs.

18. FlatlinerG macrumors 6502a

FlatlinerG

...I don't think that's entirely true.

19. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Yeah and these kids don't know that downstairs behind the doors it's just someone vacuuming...

20. leman macrumors 604

Well, you may think what you want but I was following each new MBP and iMac launch since 2010 and it was always that way.

21. FlatlinerG macrumors 6502a

FlatlinerG

Have you followed the Apple website every single time it's updated?

22. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

Yes... WHILE they're being announced. The important part is that the product is being announced, not that the store is down, because that happens for other reasons.

The chances of them slipping in the first redesign of the MacBook Pro in 4 years by way of a Sunday store update is NONE. Zero. It would be incredibly stupid marketing.

23. leman macrumors 604

No, I have followed the Apple website every single time new products were introduced.

----------

This is absolutely correct. And this is also what I am saying. I was just stating the fact that Apple's website goes down each time new products are introduced in reply to FlatlinerG. Of course it does not mean that website down = product upgrades, but when did I say anything like that?

24. snberk103 macrumors 603

Of course they know it creates buzz.... They don't care if you being driven crazy .... as long as you keep "Apple" in your thoughts they're happy....

Does anybody think there are similar threads popping up when JC Penny or Canadian Tire websites go down for maintenance? Or for any other reason? We, the Apple lemmings, really need to get out more, eh?

25. FlatlinerG macrumors 6502a

FlatlinerG

But you're acting as though it's going to come back up with new products..Of course the site goes under maintenance when new products come out, but just because the site is under maintenance right now doesn't mean that new products are just going to appear.