Apple Store Updates Clearance/Refurbished Products

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by pinoyplaya, Mar 17, 2009.

1. pinoyplaya macrumors regular

I see that they have the BlackBooks now and they have more selection compared to yesterday :)

Ugh... I hate to wait till June to get mine so I can get the Back to School Deal

2. desiringGod macrumors regular

I don't think that you get the deal with refurb/clearance products...just the educational discount on new computers.

3. pinoyplaya thread starter macrumors regular

What?!! I thought the deal applies to any Mac products even the refurb ones.

4. Smacky macrumors 6502

5. pinoyplaya thread starter macrumors regular

You are right...

http://www.apple.com/promo/pdf/BTS0...2457S-123535&Email_OID=248039&cp=123535&sr=em

I read the previous summer deal from the Summer 2008 and it says refurbished macs are not eligible. :(

PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: All new Macintosh computers and the Configure-to-order versions of these products are eligible, except for Mac mini and 17-inch iMac. The
    iPod products listed below are eligible for participation in this offer. TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS OFFER, BE CERTAIN THAT THE PRODUCT YOU PURCHASE HAS ONE OF THE
    APPLE PART NUMBERS LISTED BELOW. IF YOU ARE UNCERTAIN, PLEASE ASK YOUR SALESPERSON TO CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE PURCHASING A PRODUCT THAT IS ELIGIBLE
    UNDER THIS OFFER. Mac mini, 17-inch iMac, Apple TV, iPhone, iPod shuffle, iPod classic, 4GB iPod nano, and refurbished products are not eligible. The rebate amount is
    determined by the following table but will not exceed the amount paid for the qualifying iPod.

So should I just purchase the refurbished Unibody MacBook now priced at $1099? Or do you guys think the price will go down on June when the Summer Deal starts?

6. robindahlia789 macrumors regular

7. pinoyplaya thread starter macrumors regular

Do you think the price will go down in a few months?

8. desiringGod macrumors regular

I seriously doubt it unless they completely redo the computer and that is not likely. The only update that you would see would be a slight bump in specs (hard drive, procecssor) and then you are only looking at an additional $50-100 discount.

I have been waiting and I think I am about to buy the same MB (my wife has the prev gen MBP).