Apple Store visit regarding ghosting.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rm2092, May 24, 2013.

1. rm2092 macrumors 6502

rm2092

To I had a appointment at the local Apple store for my Retina MBP and I began to show him my ghosting issues and right away he starts that they all do it regardless. I explain that I have done plenty of research on line were others have had there screens replaced and he began to tell me it was all BS talk on the forums and Apple has not been replacing screens. Now I'm getting HOT and them he tells me ha has one and his does it to, ya ok but its still fine.Anyways he begins the checkerboard test and of course you can still see the goasting after the test is done. So he now agrees there is a problem and will have the scree replaced and then tells me oh maybe I should bring my computer if for a test, what a A HOLE. So ill have my computer back in a few days he says so how will I know what kind of screen I got also ill have them run there little test again before I leave the store.

2. fskywalker macrumors 65816

fskywalker

That sounds like a very ignorant and rude Apple employee to me....:mad:

3. rm2092 thread starter macrumors 6502

rm2092

Agree and ill be waiting for the survey from Apple if they send one ?

4. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

OP, the link given will only work on 15", if yours is a 13" it won't work.

5. rm2092 thread starter macrumors 6502

rm2092

Thanks did find a link for the 15" anyways I cant wait to get my Mac back. Right now as I'm typing this I'm using a $300.00 Toshiba laptop that I bought for my car and WOW this thing is SO SLOW not to mention crappy windows and no back lit keys.

6. Newfiejudd macrumors regular

I had to have my screen replaced in my MBPR and I went into the apple store in Market Mall, in Calgary. Expecting the that's normal routine. Boy was I surprised, no questions no issues. Just a simple "that's not right, we will get that all fixed for you". 3 Days later they called me to inform me the technician damaged a cable on the system and my keyboard back lighting wasn't working. They tell me I can come get it and use it till the new piece gets in.

I was so happy that I got a Samsung screen I never missed the back light. Eventually the part came in. Little did I know they had to replace the whole upper case and battery. So I ended up with a Samsung Screen, new top case, new keyboard, main board, heat sink, fans, batteries and track pad. So pretty much all that was left from my original MBPR is the bottom case.

So I have nothing but good things to say about my service at the Apple store in Market mall. To the OP it sounds like you got that one ***** in the group, so sorry about your luck..

7. flipnap macrumors 6502

i mustve missed something. you brought the computer in. he tested it and took it in for repair, then suggested you bring ANOTHER computer in for the test? im not understanding

8. Lyshen macrumors 6502

No, basically they damaged one cable that controls the backlight. So they need to order a new top case.

As a result, while the top case is on order, they let him pickup the unit and use it until the part came in, to which he'd drop it off again to have the top case replaced and whatever other parts, replaced.

(Top case includes battery, keyboard and trackpad. If one of those goes bad, all three are changed)

9. flipnap macrumors 6502

10. B... macrumors 68000

B...

Were you talking about the OP or Newfiejudd's post? Lyshen explained the latter. In the OP, he means that the employee had a rMBP with IR, and when he took the OP's in for repair, he rudely commented that he should bring his OWN computer in for a test, since they're taking computers with IR to fix.

11. flipnap macrumors 6502

no its cool, i get it. there were so many spelling errors and grammar issues i had a problem following it. i got it.