Apple Store vs AT&T MyAccount - Difference in upgrade info

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dmx, Jun 15, 2010.

1. dmx macrumors 6502

This is just out of curiosity since I already ordered my phone..

When I go to the Apple site and choose the 16GB iPhone 4, I get this...
    $599.00
    You may qualify to purchase this iPhone for $399.00 on:
    January 16, 2011

But my AT&T account begs to differ -

iPhone Upgrade
    You can take advantage of our no commitment pricing at a participating retail sales location. You may qualify for a full discount on a standard iPhone upgrade on 01/16/2011

Which is correct? I'd assume a "full discount" means the full subsidy at $199..
    Anyone had a similar issue?

2. dmx thread starter macrumors 6502

I also just noticed...

Summary

16 GB : Black
    $599.00
    AT&T Wireless Account
    2-year contract required

Why would a 2-year contract be required if I'm paying no-commitment pricing? (Which is what I did pay for - I'm not sure if it said 2 year contract required when I actually ordered my phone)

3. Odid macrumors regular

Well according to this: http://www.att.com/Common/about_us/files/iphone/pricing_fact_sheet_ip4.pdf

We should be able to get early upgrade discount of $399, $499 but when going to Apple.com it says I'm not eligible till November for early upgrade and gives $599, $699 pricing WITH 2 year contract! :rolleyes:

It's BULLSHlT.

Tried calling at&t about this and they are dumb as bricks and don't know anything about it.

4. double329 macrumors 6502

I first started the pre-order process from Apple.com. After seeing incorrect pricing information that's when I went to AT&T and pre-order there instead. The phone discount was there, plan discount was there. I am now hoping to get the phone on the 24th :D

5. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

Go to the AT&T store to have them manaully override the price for the early upgrade. My eligiblity was 2/20/2011, but when I went into the AT&T store yesterday, my charge was $499 for the 32gb.