Apple Store vs Att Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by prp134, Jul 24, 2008.

1. prp134 macrumors regular

I've been reading that unlike att stores, apple stores have an unlimited supply of iphones. So Im wondering what's the difference between buying at an apple store and not an att store.

I'll be buying my iphone using my upgrade option as I am a current att customer, does that mean I have to go to a att store?

2. chinl macrumors member

I wouldn't say unlimited. They seem to have stock each day, but it sells out each day; so you need to get their at the right time and wait in some line. ATT doesn't have stock in at all -- you place an order and they let you know when it comes in.

3. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I believe you have to be the primary account holder (or an authorized user) and you can't have any FAN (business/corporate) discounts on your account to buy from the Apple store.

4. downwardspiral macrumors newbie

Most people can go to the Apple store to upgrade. You may want to call customer service first to make sure you are eligible for an upgrade and to make sure that there is not a FAN discount number on your account. These are the two top things that Apple's point of sale activation system has not been able to handle.

Good luck and enjoy your future iPhone!

5. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

If you are asking what are the chances of you getting one, depends on where you are at as around me there is only one Apple store which is an hour away yet tons and tons of AT&T stores around here

If you are asking whether anything actually different will occur where you buy one, I haven't heard anything different

6. chaoses macrumors member

chaoses

I went to AT&T store to check and they say that i can buy it now for double the price or wait until july 27th to be eligible. So does that mean I can come to the apple store at july 27th and upgrade?

7. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

FYI, I called every AT&T store today around here and was told by every store that they are sold out

Shocker as a few had them in stock just a day or two ago

8. bep207 macrumors 6502

call around in the morning and see whos got em

9. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Right. I will try that. Hoping to just get that one store with a few left

10. Softballho macrumors newbie

Softballho

Apple Store vs Att Store

I live in San Jose,Ca. the Apple stores in this area had far more phones to sell then the ATT stores.... ATT store out of phones 11 am first day Apple store in same mall had phones everyday for the first week...

11. chaoses macrumors member

chaoses

if you go early (before the store opens) to an Apple store, chances are you will get a phone and walk out with it that day. If you go to AT&T store, they always say it's not there and they have to order it (which takes several days). I like to hold my phone first and walk out with it.