Apple store Walnut Creek CA

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by PittsDriver, Mar 11, 2011.

1. malaclypse macrumors member

I'm going to be checking the line at the WC Apple Store on my lunch break, around 1 or 1:30pm, and will post what I see then. I'm getting off early today, at 3pm, so I hope it's not too crazy!

2. PittsDriver thread starter macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

I am going to go check it here in a bit when I go to get my haircut.

3. itcrashed macrumors regular

itcrashed

Just posted this on the Stoneridge thread...

Target Dublin handed out vouchers at 8am for 5pm pickup. All wifi models - no 3G models. (I snagged a 16GB Black but will have to wait in one of the Apple Store lines for what I really want 32GB 3G)

Target San Ramon handed out vouchers at 10am - didn't stop by but worth a try.

I bet they still have vouchers - when I arrived at Dublin @9am I was their 5th customer. CSR said they had 25 of each. Definitely worth a call to the store...

Good luck

4. PittsDriver thread starter macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

Just left Walnut Creek Target with a white 32gig voucher.

5. malaclypse macrumors member

Wifi version? Any idea if they're gonna have 3G versions? I'm going for black 64gig AT&T 3G...

Just checked out the Pleasant Hill AT&T Store and Best Buy. No line at either place yet. BB said they'll be carrying all models but don't know how many, and they'll start to give out vouchers at 4:45pm. AT&T said they have no idea what they're going to get, and won't know until 5pm.

6. PittsDriver thread starter macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

7. PittsDriver thread starter macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

At Apple as of 1130 the line was just touching Barnes and Noble so not really a bunch of people yet. I would estimate 40 people or so. They were handing out umbrellas to everyone in line.

8. Maximus66 macrumors newbie

How's the line now at 1:10 pm? I can't wait to get there!

9. PittsDriver thread starter macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

Not sure I'm home hanging out. I got a voucher from target.

10. malaclypse macrumors member

I wasn't able to make it down there on my lunch break... I was able to swing by BB again though, and there's about a dozen people in line there now. I'll be heading to the WC Apple Store at 3pm, and will try to post an update of the status then.

11. deyorew macrumors member

I plan on going to the walnut creek store tonight as well... So keep the posts coming!

I have $300 worth of apple store gift cards otherwise I might try other stores....

Hope to get one in the next couple days! 16gb wifi black for me...

12. malaclypse macrumors member

just got to the WC Apple store. the line is pretty long, all the way around the block and up to Locust St. probably a couple hundred people at least. haven't heard yet about quantities or vouchers... I hope this line moves quick after 5pm...

13. deyorew macrumors member

Well it was a little longer for iPhone 4 launch, and the store rep told me the next day, that just about everyone in line was able to get one....and I recall the line was doubled up near the entrance....

Keep the posts coming, I might go get in line and see if it starts moving as well....

14. PittsDriver thread starter macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

Ya the iPhone line was nuts. I got real lucky last year at Walmart.

15. malaclypse macrumors member

Apple employee just came by and told us:

1) the only AT&T model they have is black 64gig - no white and no 16 or 32 gig
    2) one per customer

fortunately black 64gig AT&T is the model I want. I just hope they don't run out before I get to the front of the line. since anyone who wants an AT&T 3G model HAS to get the 64gig, and I'm pretty far back in line, I'm a little worried...

16. deyorew macrumors member

I'm in line on locust right acros from theater entrance. No black 3G AT&T models of 16 and 32

17. spinstorm macrumors 68000

How do apple have no other 3G models?

I understand at a reseller but Apple themselves? Beyond silly!?

There is quite a big price difference between 16GB 3G and 64GB 3G.

18. PittsDriver thread starter macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

I saw that line, freaking crazy. I drove to Target at 4:45 from my house. By 4:56 I was in line, by 5:01 I was walking out with a white 32gig. Target was super painless and once again I didn't have to stand in line for hours pointlessly.

19. spinstorm macrumors 68000

Did hey have 3G ATT at that target?

Which target was it? Where? Thanks

20. PittsDriver thread starter macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

No ATT versions. Had 15 total, no white 16gig but had all other WIFI versions.

21. spinstorm macrumors 68000

It seems based on what I have read in this thread and other threads and my friend in the area that no where has ATT models except in tiny tiny amounts which may well be sold out to anyone who isn't literally at the front.

Where else could there by 3G ATT in the area? and any info on stocking up those models?

22. PittsDriver thread starter macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

23. deyorew macrumors member

AT&T had less than 10 to start. Walnut creek sold out off models except a couple Verizons

24. deyorew macrumors member

So basically a three hour waste of time for me. Totally uncool to see so many people walk out with 2. They should have limited to one per customer.