Apple Store with no iP4 wait list!

TwoSocEmBoppers

Original poster
May 30, 2010
Sunny Southern California
I am currently abroad from the States and will return on 14th Aug. When I get back I want to make sure that I can get the iPhone 4 relatively soon afterwards. However, I called the closest Apple Store and they do not do priority lists. They said call back every morning to see if they received a new shipment and if so, they can't hold any. Not even for 30 min.

Do some Apple Stores really not have wait lists? What do you recommend?

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
I know this is true for our area, and from what I've seen on here, it seems to be nationwide. My understanding is that as of about two weeks ago, none of them have priority lists. They're all on a first come, first served basis now.

OGDaniel

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2009
Arizona
At this point most Apple Stores have a relative abundance of iPhone 4s. At least mine did, so I'm assuming that's happening other places as well.

techluvr

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2010
Houston, TX
It sure happened at mine. Arrived at the mall, waited in line, strolled on in and they said they had all models in stock. Walked out with a 32GB. This may not be the case with bigger stores.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
I bought my iPhone 4 on saturday, and when i asked the girl how many they had in stock, she told that she couldn't give me a number, but that they just received a shipment that morning and that she is confident they will have enough to last them all week.

and today I had an appointment at the genius bar (4 days later at the same store) regarding my iPod, and as I waiting for my name to be called, I saw many people buying new iPhones and they weren't turning anyone away, so she wasn't lying to me.

of course, its always based on location.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.