Apple Store with no iP4 wait list!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TwoSocEmBoppers, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Joined:
    May 30, 2010
    I am currently abroad from the States and will return on 14th Aug. When I get back I want to make sure that I can get the iPhone 4 relatively soon afterwards. However, I called the closest Apple Store and they do not do priority lists. They said call back every morning to see if they received a new shipment and if so, they can't hold any. Not even for 30 min.

Do some Apple Stores really not have wait lists? What do you recommend?

2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I know this is true for our area, and from what I've seen on here, it seems to be nationwide. My understanding is that as of about two weeks ago, none of them have priority lists. They're all on a first come, first served basis now.

3. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

At this point most Apple Stores have a relative abundance of iPhone 4s. At least mine did, so I'm assuming that's happening other places as well.

4. techluvr macrumors regular

It sure happened at mine. Arrived at the mall, waited in line, strolled on in and they said they had all models in stock. Walked out with a 32GB. This may not be the case with bigger stores.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I bought my iPhone 4 on saturday, and when i asked the girl how many they had in stock, she told that she couldn't give me a number, but that they just received a shipment that morning and that she is confident they will have enough to last them all week.

and today I had an appointment at the genius bar (4 days later at the same store) regarding my iPod, and as I waiting for my name to be called, I saw many people buying new iPhones and they weren't turning anyone away, so she wasn't lying to me.

of course, its always based on location.

6. TwoSocEmBoppers thread starter Guest

Thanks!

Let's just hope the Apple Store doesn't have a random influx of customers in two weeks :D