Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macAllen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
Las Vegas
Stopped by yesterday and guess what! It was closed said it was for renovations. What kind of renovations?

share some toughs:confused:

szark

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2002
Arid-Zone-A
Most likely removing the black bookshelves and checkout counter, and putting in the new wooden tables.

They are moving to a new iPhone based checkout system, and this new design allows more display space for the computers.

adamvk

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Most likely removing the black bookshelves and checkout counter, and putting in the new wooden tables.

They are moving to a new iPhone based checkout system, and this new design allows more display space for the computers.

iPhone checkout?

That sounds sweet. Hopefully The Oakbrook Il Apple store by my house adopts that, it sounds cool.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
My Apple Store in Tigard, OR was closed for a little while ago. It's open now, when I walked by the other day it looked the same so I didn't go in.

jpyc7

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Denver store went through this in March

Yup, that is what happened in the Denver store. It took them about a month, I think. Actually, I didn't pay attention to the checkout system, but the physical changes you describe are the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.