Apple store workshops

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by michaellynn, Dec 28, 2008.

1. michaellynn macrumors newbie

michaellynn

Anyone been to these? How are they? Are they super basic? Is it worth an hours drive to get there?

Anyone have a favorite that they got a ton of use from?

2. catachip macrumors regular

catachip

I have never been to one of these workshops, but, I would recommend the tutorial videos on Apple's own website. You can find them for any number of applications, from the iLife suite to OS X Leopard itself. I have pasted the link below.

http://www.apple.com/findouthow/guidedtours/

3. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Hmm... an hour's drive. Well it also depends on the location. While most Apple Stores are the same, some have theatres which allow for large group workshops.

Admittedly, most Apple Stores don't have workshops like that. The majority of the time, you walk in, tell them you're interested in the workshop scheduled for today, and they'll find someone to help you out for an hour. Not too many customers know about the workshops, except in the big Apple Stores like the ones I mentioned earlier. Truthfully, all their workshops are actually very good, and you can learn a LOT from them. It really just depends on how busy it is, and how many people might join you for the same workshop.

It my experience though, the workshops I've attended were always one-on-one. Just go in and ask about it, and they'll find someone to help.

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

The local Apple store workshops can seat up to perhaps a dozen people. I've attended one or two, but I think you can do better on your own with the Apple tutorials on the web. However, some people really like the workshops.