Apple store wouldnt let me return iPhone 4 for Proximity Sensor....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by clivewarren, Sep 6, 2010.

1. clivewarren macrumors newbie

Ok heres my problem. About 2 weeks ago i went to the Apple store because i got an iPhone 4 with probably the worst proximity sensor on the planet. Literally i hold it up to my face and dont move a muscle and the screen flashes on and off. Its literally caused me to add calls at 3 a.m and hang up on 50% of my calls. So i asked if i could swap it out and the guy working said i should wait for the software update and getting a new phone would still have the same problem. So the problem is now my 30 days is up, and what if the update doesnt fix it? Do you think theyll still let me return it? ATT store wouldnt let me swap out either.......

2. cvd macrumors member

Apple hardware has a 1-year limited warranty, so if, after you patch to 4.1, you still have the same problem you'll be able to swap it then.

3. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

software update this week promises to fix it, just wait and see if it does, then take it back after if it still dosn't work.

4. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

iOS 4.1 fixed all my prox issues. Just give it a few days and do the upgrade.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I returned my iPhone 4 on Monday (my 30th day) and re-bought on Thursday and installed the 4.1 GM OS I found online, my proximity sensor is so much better, but not fixed. I now have until Oct 2nd to return it again. I'm not going to, my phone is more usable now, I'm happy with it.