Apple Store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Cal City Kid, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Cal City Kid macrumors newbie

Do the "bricks and mortar" stores ever sell returned or refurbished ipods or can you only obtain those through apple.com?

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Not sure about other ones, but I know that one Apple store nearby (Bay Area, CA) often has "refreshed" iPods for sale but they're not on display, you'd have to inquire about them. (Refreshed meaning a customer likely brought it in complaining of a problem and walked out with a new one, but the problem was later found to be an easily fixed issue.)

3. Cal City Kid thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Cal City Kid thread starter macrumors newbie

One more question...

Are the "refreshed" ipods eligible for an additional 10% off if you recycle your old ipod at that time?

Just tryin to work all of the angles!:)

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I purchased my 5G 60GB iPod from the Scottsdale, AZ Apple Store, it was a hundred dollars off because a customer had opened it and returned it, it was sold with the standard Apple Warranty (I bought AppleCare.) But the %10 still applies for the recycle your iPod, no EDU discount available if I recall, the only downside was that the iPod had some cosmetic wear and I could careless if it was a refurb with an iPod, since if anything goes wrong Apple replaces the unit.

I'm fairly sure that the refurbs are in store mainly for replacements, so I'm not sure they sell them, but maybe a store employee can correctme.

6. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Couldn't care less you mean. What you typed doesn't make sense.