Apple Store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by outl4nd3r, Apr 26, 2008.

1. outl4nd3r macrumors member

Hi,
    I'm looking at buying my first Mac, but I have a couple of questions.

First, I’m going to be purchasing a MBP, if I purchase it at an Apple retail store can I get the glossy screen option? Or is that only available online?

Second, since I would like to purchase it at the retail store and not online. Is the higher education discount available in store? And if so, is it the same discount?

Thanks

2. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

They have both glossy and matte at the store-- and you can get your discount there as long as you show some proof (ie: student id)-- enjoy your new purchase

3. outl4nd3r thread starter macrumors member

Thanks!

I've been a long time PC user and I think I'm ready for a change.

4. ButtUglyJeff macrumors 6502a

ButtUglyJeff

If you have more than one option in Apple Stores, then you might want to call ahead. I work near 3 of them, and I'm quite surprised by the inventory variety of them.........

5. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Hey, if played right you can score a free Apple Remote with this purchase. I've had a few friends report going to the Apple stores and walking out with Macbook/Pros + a free remote. They told the salesperson how much they wanted the "frontrow experience" and made the impression that this sale was dependent upon that one Apple Remote (which is not included anymore).

Tell them you will be doing a lot of presentations for your school/business etc etc...