Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
TechTV reports on Apple hosting in-store events featuring musicians to help draw traffic into their Apple Stores.

According to the article, Apple started offering the free live musical performances in spring of 2003. Musicians featured so far include Rufus Wainwright, Moby, The Ravonettes, and Wilco.

Apple hopes to give existing customers more reasons for coming back as well as a draw for new customers.

sinbushar

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2002
Jersey
Macrumors said:
TechTV reports on Apple hosting in-store events featuring musicians to help draw traffic into their Apple Stores.

According to the article, Apple started offering the free live musical performances in spring of 2003. Musicians featured so far include Rufus Wainwright, Moby, The Ravonettes, and Wilco.

Apple hopes to give existing customers more reasons for coming back as well as a draw for new customers.

also, think this is a great idea...it'll lure in a new college aged crowd...and keep interest going

go apple

you're my hero

:rolleyes:

jcshas

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2003
That's quite a line up - I wish Apple would do something like this here in Minneapolis!

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
how hysterical would it be if, after they'd been doing this for awhile, they got Metallica? :D

Not that it would ever, ever happen, but it'd be funny

milatchi

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Yeah Bro! Maybe Slipknot will like show up and play that good song (you know the one where they scream!)

:D (for those of you unfamilar with this art form it is called "sarcasm"):D

squirrellydw

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2003
lawsuit

I am just wondering what apple is thinking with all this music stuff and how the lawsuit is going along. I don't think this is going to help them any.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
If they want traffic in the stores i suggest a G5 in every product. Now do they really want traffic or not? I would say not hence the band playing. same old apple song can i show you some stale hardware thats overpriced? :p

johnnowak

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2003
New York, New York
milatchi said:
Yeah Bro! Maybe Slipknot will like show up and play that good song (you know the one where they scream!)

:D (for those of you unfamilar with this art form it is called "sarcasm"):D

It's not funny when you spell it all out at the end. :p

Let those that will think you are an idiot or be offended feel that way. At least the rest of us can laugh at what you said (and at them).

Manatee

Contributor
Oct 20, 2003
Washington DC
I wish they'd get some who appeal to my generation. Not all iPod users are GenYs (or whatever we're up to now.)

I like anything from British Invasion to late '70s punk. Maybe they could get Iggy Pop at my local Apple Store.

windowsblowsass

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2004
pa
Ja Di ksw said:
how hysterical would it be if, after they'd been doing this for awhile, they got Metallica? :D

Not that it would ever, ever happen, but it'd be funny
WHOO METALLICA METALLICA METALLICA

although metallica would never do it also i dont think apple wants mile long mobs tearing apart the store to get in
:D

xtbfx

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2003
Other groups that have played the Apple store are:
Thrice & Thursday

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.