Apple stores are disgusting!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Loves2spoon, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Well some of them are. The store in my city is located inside a very nice indoor mall, everything is very clean and all the stores look nice.

Walk into the apple store and you see floors that look like they don't get mopped, dirty counters and the people they allow to work there...

Every other apple store I've been to the employee's dress nice and shave, no tattoos showing. The manager of this store looks like a hobbit with a beard that hasn't been taken care of and has grown out for over a year. Wearing flip flops to work? How can you go into work and not take care of yourself and want to look good?

I understand Apple is more laid back than other retailers but provide your employee's with razors for christ sake!...

2. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I am not sure I agree with all those points.
    M biggest complaint is the 4 apple stores I have visited seems that the employees are wrapped up in their own conversations and let the customers flounder looking for someone to assist them.
    But here again, like best buy and other stores, the wage these people are given surely sets the expectation on the lower end of the productivity scale.

As far as the appearance, very bland displays for pretty machines. The unsophisticated decor detracts from the product and allows the dirt, dust and dust bunnies to be more apparent.

but then again they are selling like hotcakes

3. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

I would say the common problem in all Apple stores is how they are over-run with kids surfing the web. If you stand back and watch, it does not take long to notice the non clients taking up the most space.

It would be nice if somehow they could stop this ... reminds me of a crowded video arcade. :cool:

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

My local store is great. I've never noticed it being dirty and I'm always asked when I walk in if I need any help.

5. garybUK Guest

garybUK

Even though I don't frequent Apple stores because I'm not keen on the new products..... I disagree about the people statement.

My local stores (Manchester Arndale & Trafford Centre) who have employees (make & Female) with tattoo's and piercings, died hair... and to be honest I'd much rather speak to one of these guys (whom I stereotype as having some interest in art / current trends / bit techhy).

I might be biased for having a 1/2 sleeve but meh.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Can't say the same about my nearest stores (also the Arndale and Trafford Centre stores). They're not that old either but they're really well kept.

Just went in today and had a chat with a long haired, unshaven chap who worked there. As a fellow unshaven scruff myself I rather liked that Apple/the manager allow that look. T'was very cool.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I couldn't care less what they look like but for christ's sake, many of them need a bath.

All the Apple stores around me are very clean.

8. Bonch macrumors 6502

Bonch

It would be nice if they only hired pretty girls, maybe in short uniforms. Apple staff never has a clue anyway so we might as well get something. Apple genius tends to know their stuff though, and they should be guys to keep HR even.

9. KeriJane macrumors 6502a

KeriJane

I've been to three of our local Apple stores.

They're always packed. "Mobbed" with people. The employees have all been clean cut and don't smell bad. At least the ones I saw.

Usually a great, friendly and efficient place to buy something. One time only, one of the employees wasn't very friendly. Must have been having a bad day.

Only problem:

They're usually sold out of what I wanted.
    That goes along with being perpetually packed with customers I guess.

Oh well,
    Have Fun,
    Keri

10. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

The only unpleasantness I've ever noticed from ANY Apple store is that they tend to be crowded. They've all looked clean to me, and the employees have been friendly.

11. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Same observation here. Clean, but always with plenty of people inside.

12. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

My only complaint about the Trafford is the floor staff sometimes are a bit wrapped up with chatting while you're stood trying to look like you need help :eek:

Can't say it bothers me if the staff are tattooed, bearded, scruffy looking- who cares? If they're good at their job and help you out, that's all that matter. Actually it's nice to see they're not all Brylcreemed, clean-shaven GAP clones.

I'd also like to mention a Genius at the Trafford called Malcom who helped me when my first iPod Touch pegged it. His customer service was perfect- couldn't have asked for better :)

13. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Love the Lenox Store
    Always busy, but always extremely helpful

14. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

I've been to nearly every Texas Apple store within 200 miles of DFW, and I really don't have any complaints. I have noticed that there are a majority of long haired, tattooed, unshaven, tight jean wearing employees, but I actually prefer that. I hate how corporate and conforming other retail stores.

I don't buy this 'gotta look professional' bull; not for Apple stores. It makes customers feel more at home and comfortable. They're buying computers, iPods, and iPhones; not new cars.

15. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

What's wrong with that? :confused: