Apple Stores Hosting Free Star Wars-Themed Sessions Starting Friday

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 27, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

In celebration of Force Friday II later this week, Apple has invited customers to attend free Star Wars-themed sessions and workshops at select Apple retail stores between Friday, September 1 and Saturday, September 9.

[​IMG]

Participating countries include the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, UK, France, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Spain, Hong Kong, Sweden, Taiwan, and the United Arab Emirates.

Most stores will offer a one-hour session called How To: Build Your Own Star Wars Trailer using an iPad and iMovie:
    There will also be Kids Hour: Coding the Droids from Star Wars, in which children ages six to 12 can learn how to program a BB-8 droid:
    At Apple's flagship Union Square store in San Francisco, Lucasfilm's VFX and animation studio Industrial Light & Magic will explore how they use animation and 3D modeling to bring the Star Wars galaxy to life.

[​IMG]

Force Friday II officially begins at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time on September 1 and runs through the weekend. The promotional campaign is for the film Star Wars: The Last Jedi, which debuts in theaters December 15.

An earlier report said Apple retail stores may carry some new Star Wars toys or merchandise starting on Force Friday II.

Article Link: Apple Stores Hosting Free Star Wars-Themed Sessions Starting Friday

2. macduke macrumors G3

macduke

I used to think there was no such thing as too much Star Wars.

3. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

The force is weak with this one.

4. JeffyTheQuik macrumors 68020

JeffyTheQuik

I get May 4... why 9/1 as some kind of Force thingy?

Am I missing something?

5. jimbobb24 macrumors 6502a

After The Force Awakens - one of the worst movies I have seen in years and the most derivative movie I think I have ever seen - I was resigned to the fact we got two great Star Wars movies and to be happy with that. Then Rogue One came out and it is easily among the 3 best Star Wars movies ever and gave me hope. No interest in the next Star Wars but will be interested in the off year movies.

6. JungeQuex macrumors regular

This. I didn't think they could find someone more whiny than Hayden Christiansen as Anakin but they succeeded with Kylo Ren. Rogue One, on the other hand, was absolutely stellar and like you said, gives me hope.

7. miknos Suspended

miknos

Interesting marketing campaign.

Ryan (Rian?) Johnson is a good director. I'm expecting the next Star Wars to be better than the latest (Force Awakens).

8. darkarn macrumors 6502a

Singapore Orchard Road store has these sessions too!

I saw Japan Shibuya store having these too, other Japan stores should have it too

9. fairuz, Aug 27, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2017

fairuz macrumors 68000

fairuz

You didn't change your mind when the prequels came out? ;)
    --- Post Merged, Aug 27, 2017 ---
    I think JJ Abrams did a great job with the new Star Wars, assuming he's not the person to blame for the recycled storyline. South Park described it well when they said it was like a high school reunion or something like that. But he probably was the one who made the last two Star Trek movies look like generic superhero action movies.

10. pdaholic macrumors 65816

pdaholic

Sounds like Rogue One gave you both A New Hope...

11. WestonHarvey1 macrumors 68020

You're not a real Star Wars fan. Real Star Wars fans only really like Empire. Return of the Jedi is a deeply flawed film with a few high points. Everything else is utter trash.

12. JeffyTheQuik macrumors 68020

JeffyTheQuik

Real Star Wars fans like Han Solo. He plays by his own rules, sees that the Empire is a tyranny, and geez... the New Order is Munich 1938 all over again. I'm going to watch The Hitler err... History Channel to see what happens to the New Order.

The Rebel Alliance seems to have extraordinary luck upon luck, and if I were Luke, Leia, and well, Chewbacca, I'd run the table with picking the winners of every pro NFL game, every MLB game, NBA Game, and NHL Hockey Game for the next 10 years.

That would be a higher probability bet than what they've done.

PS. A sun sucking Death Star WOULD NOT HAVE SNOW ON IT. I hope that the New Order, in the next episode, has a Galaxy sucking Death Star. That would set up Episode 9 to have the entire Universe sucked into it and destroyed.

13. Zirel Suspended

Zirel

Whatever happens, the rebels always take up the good ole X-wings and destroy another Deathstar.

Kind of like Apple, it’s always doomed because Microsoft/Google/Samsung have another Deathstar, but they always find the weak spot, and manage to come on top.

14. Porco macrumors 68030

Porco

Seems like a nice idea to me. *shrugs*

I love Star Wars. And thanks to Disney I don't even feel the need to defend it anymore. The haters lost. What George Lucas built with Star Wars will outlive us all, whatever your opinion (even if you want to erroneously regard it as objective truth that it all sucks except that one bit you like).

15. WWPD macrumors regular

WWPD

Love the Youtube compilation of Mark Hamill ripping into the movie during the film "promotions".

16. ManOfMystery macrumors newbie

Missed opportunity. It gives you a new hope.

17. macduke macrumors G3

macduke

18. sclawis300 macrumors 65816

I took my son and it was awesome. We were also the only ones signed up for the workshop. Couldn't believe it.