Apple Stores in Spain: coming soon

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mende1, Aug 13, 2010.

1. mende1 macrumors member

Hello. After a lot of time, Apple already has decided to open Apple Retail Stores in Spain.

Apple has chosen three cities to open the first Apple Retail Stores in Spain, and they are these:

- Madrid (CONFIRMED!). The Apple Retail Store of Madrid will be placed in the enormous Xanadú Shopping Mall and Skiing Center, in Arroyomolinos (Madrid) and to 23 kilometres of the center of Madrid. The Store will be placed in the local 350 of this shopping mall, in the 2nd plant. Photo:

[​IMG]

The Apple Retail Store of Madrid opens on September 11th at 10:00 (Spanish time).

Official web page: http://www.apple.com/es/retail/xanadu/

- Barcelona (CONFIRMED!). The Apple Retail Store of Barcelona will be open in La Maquinista Mall, in the 1st plant. Photos:

[​IMG]

The Apple Retail Store of Barcelona opens on September 4th at 10:00 (Spanish time).

Official web page: http://www.apple.com/es/retail/lamaquinista/

- Valencia. The Apple Retail Store of Valencia will be open in a older building of the city centre, in the Colón street. The building is actually in reform. Photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Apple Retail Store of Valencia could be open in the first quarter of 2011.

To end, I leave you with a few declarations of Ron Johnson, the vice-president of Apple, about the Apple Stores of Spain:

"I have waited a lot of time, together with members of my equipment, in the last four years to open a Store in Spain. I have been four times in Spain in the last twelve months and we are looking for places. The only thing that I can say is that we will open our first shop in Spain at the beginning of the autumn, but we cannot be more specific on the date still".

"In Spain we are going to open a heap of new different shops, and some of them probably are like this one of Covent Garden, in former buildings"

"When you go to an Apple Store you wait for the same level of sensibility in the design and the personal attention that we put in our products. Consequently, we give a great importance to the architecture".

Goodbye!

2. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Cool - more Apple stores means more people will be closer to one for sales, repairs, etc. We have quite a few in the UK now - pretty much every major city has either an Apple store or reseller now.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I wish Apple opened Stores in here as well

4. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Next year maybe? :)

5. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

I read the thread title as "Apple Stores in Space" and got excited.

I may be doing study abroad in Valencia summer of 2011. That store will me on my travel guide.

6. Yakuza macrumors 6502a

Yakuza

Will it be an official Apple Store or will it be a Premium Reseller?

Here we only have premium resellers everywhere

7. mende1 thread starter macrumors member

It will be an official Apple Store. In the Autonomous Community of Madrid and in the Catalan province of Barcelona, Apple does not grant any more licenses to open Apple Premium Reseller from last year for the arrival of the Apple Retail Stores.

In Portugal only there is Premium Resellers and seems that Apple does not have interest to open Apple Retail Stores in Portuguese territory.

Goodbye!

8. Yakuza macrumors 6502a

Yakuza

but why?

how do you know that?

are we such a small market that we aren't worth the investment?

9. mende1 thread starter macrumors member

I know it because Apple does not have offers of work in his web page to open an Apple Retail Store in Portugal.

In ifoAppleStore I have been this:

"Lisbon (Portugal) - In May 2010 a tipster said there are rumblings of a store opening during 2010, possibly in the Chiado section of downtown. No further details are known."

Probably Apple still does not believe that they have many earnings opening an Apple Retail Store in Portugal, but I only say to you that in Spain there is very much fan of Apple and they have been late four years in deciding to open Apple Retail Stores in Spain.

Goodbye!

10. Yakuza macrumors 6502a

Yakuza

And it did opened in Chiado, last friday, but it's a premium reseller lol.

I guess it will be 4 or more years until Apple will open a store here.

11. Queso macrumors G4

Why the hell are they putting the Barcelona store all the way out in La Maquinista? Put one right in the middle of the city on the Passeig de Gracia. That's the only location that makes sense.

12. mende1 thread starter macrumors member

Because Apple doesn't find any place afoot of street in Madrid and Barcelona to open an Apple Retail Store due to the high competition. Apple wanted was first to open 2 emblematic Apple Retail Stores in Madrid and Barcelona; later they would open the Apple Retail Store of Valencia and to end would open 2 Apple Retail Stores in shopping centers of Madrid and Barcelona. Due to the inability to find a place afoot of street, Apple has decided to begin for the end and don't delay any more the arrival of the Apple Retail Stores to Spain.

Goodbye!

13. Queso macrumors G4

Well, unless they follow up with another small store on the other side of the city soon they lose half the potential customers. Maybe a unit in Gran Via 2. I can't imagine anybody on the western side of the city going all the way round the Rondas in Barcelona's traffic, even for Apple.

14. mende1 thread starter macrumors member

Please note that Apple also wants everyone to have an Apple Retail Store near of his house and want to get switchers. If this is the case, I think La Maquinista isn't a good place because of the proximity of this mall to the center of Barcelona, but the Xanadú shopping mall is a perfect place because is enormous, there are many tourists who go skiing to the track snow, is full on weekends and is far from the center of Madrid.

Goodbye!

15. mende1 thread starter macrumors member

A user from another site has a picture on the wall that is in the future Apple Store in Barcelona, since it has been found that:

[​IMG]

:eek:. Someone has stuck two Apple stickers on the wall. We note that there are happy with the opening of a new grenngrocer :apple: :D.

Goodbye!

16. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Keep posting updates.

Who knows, you might actually find some Spaniards here. ;)

:rolleyes:

17. mende1 thread starter macrumors member

18. Queso macrumors G4

I for one am interested. As you know I spend a large part of every year in Catalunya. Whilst I don't exactly agree with the location of the Barcelona store its opening (plus the other two in Madrid and Valencia) will massively improve the support Apple customers can receive on the Peninsula. Next of course Apple need to think about Seville to cover the south of the country, although I suspect we'll see additional stores in Madrid and Barcelona before that. With nearly four million people in each of those cities they justify it easily.

19. mende1 thread starter macrumors member

The Apple Store of Madrid will be in Xanadu Shopping Centre! Photo:

[​IMG]

Goodbye!

20. mende1 thread starter macrumors member

The latest rumors say that Apple Retail Stores of Madrid and Barcelona will open the next week, on September 2nd.

Goodbye!

21. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I am pleased to read that you survived the week-end.

22. mende1 thread starter macrumors member

:D.

Goodbye!

23. mende1 thread starter macrumors member

The Apple Retail Store of Barcelona will be in La Maquinista mall and opens on September 4 at 10:00 (Spanish time). The Apple Retail Store of Madrid will be in Xanadú mall and will open on September 11 at 10:00 (Spanish time), a week later than the Apple Retail Store of Barcelona.

Web pages of this Apple Retail Stores:

- Apple Retail Store of Barcelona: http://www.apple.com/es/retail/lamaquinista/

- Apple Retail Store of Madrid: http://www.apple.com/es/retail/xanadu/

Goodbye!

24. javierlopez333 macrumors newbie