Apple Stores launching reservations

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jonnyb098, Sep 22, 2013.

1. jonnyb098 macrumors 68000

I called my local Apple store today and was told they are launching an in-store reservation service overnight (9/23). At least its a start.

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Wonder why they didn't ******* say they were doing this from the start? :confused:

Why wait until 2 days after launch (instead of in advance) to let customers know they have some control over the situation.

Oh well, got my 5s from BestBuy on launch day anyways so I'm simply happy for those that can take advantage of this.

3. ethereal45 macrumors regular

There's already a thread about this 2 posts down

4. user-name-here macrumors 65816

What does that have anything to do with my question you quoted about why Apple didn't announce the reservation system before the launch? :confused:

5. CBRMRY macrumors newbie

6. KPOM macrumors G5

For the last 2 releases Apple has instituted the reservation system for a few weeks after the initial launch weekend. I think the thought is that over launch weekend they want to sell as many as they can to whomever walks in, but after that they want to make it more orderly until the supply catches up.

7. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Nice catch/edit. I was confused and wondering what you meant when your OP said "for the last 32 releases..." ;)