Apple Stores London - queuing

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Diveflo, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Diveflo macrumors regular

Hi guys,

I'm gonna be in London next week for a few days and just had the idea I would try to get my iPad there (my order in Germany will be shipped by March 19...don't wanna wait that long :D ).
    From past experiences, will there be long queues? Do you think I got a chance showing up there around 7 or 8am? My flight back home leaves around noon so So my time window for waiting is not that long :/

Any input would help me ;) Also: what stores would you recommend? Are there less crowded ones, or will there be launch day madness?

Thanks!

2. homeboy macrumors 6502

Apple Store in Westfield Stratford
    Apple Store in Westfield Sheperds Bush

Both are 15 min by tube on the central from the Apple Store on regent street.

OR you can simply try any other retailer but avoid the Regent and Covent Garden Store. They will be jam packed.

3. -Garry- macrumors 6502a

-Garry-

If your flight leaves at noon you'll want to be leaving for the airport around 9am: One hour to get to the airport, one hour to check-in, and one hour in case of delays/emergencies.

I wouldn't risk it.

4. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Not worth it, the queues will be huge and an hour or even two hour window to queue, buy and then get to the airport is unrealistic to say the least! I queued for 6 hours at the apple store in regent street for an iPhone 4.

5. Red 2 macrumors newbie

Airport Dixons?

I bought my iPad 2 last year at an airport Dicons, airside. They had a handful of all sizes to sell and opened sales exactly at the time dictated by Apple (was 5pm last year) although they had received their stock the previous day. I turned up 15 mins beforehand and was 2nd in the queue!

If you are passing through Heathrow, why not get there early and see if a Dixons is selling them airside. I suppose a lot depends on when the official on sale time is.

6. Diveflo thread starter macrumors regular

Okay, you may have convinced me :D

But I'm gonna try the Dixon's store. I'm flying out from Stansted, but they have one there as well :)