Apple Stores not Eco-friendly?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Scooby_Doo, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Scooby_Doo macrumors member

Scooby_Doo

I was at the Apple Store in Chicago right before Christmas (when the weather outside was in the negatives with wind chill) and was shocked to see the doors wide open. As I walked in, I was greeted with a warm blast of heated air.

Typically in cold weather environments buildings use revolving or double doors to lower the heat consumption, I was wondering if anyone knows why Apple chooses not to do this, especially in light of their effort to be more environmentally friendly?

Perhaps the Chicago store is the exception. Does anyone else see wide open doors on cold days at their Apple Store (or for that matter wide open doors on particularly hot days with the AC running full blast)?

I'm not sure if this post should go in this group or in the community discussion, so sorry for any mis-posting.

2. Luftwaffles macrumors regular

That's... very stupid on the part of that particular Apple Store.

The Apple Store by my house (Village Point store in NE) always leaves their doors shut regardless of the weather. Then again, this lovely Nebraska weather can go from -10F to 50F overnight, so leaving anything open would wreak havoc on their HVAC systems.

Maybe somebody farted. :p

3. K3mp macrumors 6502

When it gets cold at my apple store they heat it up really nice. But they leave the doors closed. The apple store by me is the place to go when it gets cold if you are at the mall.

4. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Probably just an individual manager's bonehead decision.

5. ButtUglyJeff macrumors 6502a

ButtUglyJeff

All the Apple Stores I visit are in malls. It would be a welcome change to visit one, that's its own store front.

I will say this. Apple will always choose esthetics over efficiency, when it comes to their stores........

6. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Years ago 1 office I worked at the heat broke and it was soooo hot we had to open the doors. I also use to live in an apartment that was set up in a way that my place got so hot from the other units that I never ran the heat, walked around in shorts, and opened windows in below zero weather.
    So what I am saying you don't know what was going on in there.