Apple Store's return policy?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by c073186, Oct 31, 2009.

1. c073186 macrumors 6502a

I was wondering if anyone has any personal experience returning an item to the Apple Store that might help answer this question: I bought (online) the Magic Mouse and, very sorry to say, I don't like it. I'm sorry, but going from a Logitech MX1000 to that, it's just way too uncomfortable for extended periods of time. I actually have not even used it at all - I just held it in my hand. So if I return this, will I get a 100% refund or am I going to be charged a xx% restocking fee?

Thanks.

2. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

How the hell do you know that it's too uncomfortable for extended periods of time if you haven't even tried it?

They accept it back within 14 days, as long as you pay a 10% restocking fee.
    Just try it out, at least, so you don't waste some money sending it back.

3. c073186 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I figured someone would say that. The fact that it is not at all sculpted to your hand ... and the fact that it's so low to the surface that half your hand is on the mousepad ... I just cannot possibly see it being comfortable for extended use. If it is uncomfortable after two minutes, I'm pretty it will be more uncomfortable after 30 minutes.

4. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Alright, well... each to their own.

5. STSNorthstar macrumors regular

The restocking fee only applies to computers and ipods now. No fee on apple branded or third party accessories and peripherals. 14 day return policy applies.

iPhone uses AT&T's 30 day return policy, no restockign fee.

6. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Oh cool, was not aware of that.

7. Alex Duggan macrumors member

There's also no restocking fee on computers and iPods in UK stores, only in the US! (not sure about the other countries)

8. lozanoj83 macrumors 6502a

lozanoj83

Actually last time I checked ATT's refund policy for iPhone is 14 day, same as Apple's.

9. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

Are you sure about that? The Apple online store still lists a 10% fee for opened items and it seems to still apply to peripherals, Apple branded or otherwise. From their return and refund policy;