Apple stores UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gamble, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Gamble macrumors member

Just tried phoning one and asking if they will have iPhones for retail like 02 and CPW and they wouldn't give me an answer? All they would say is: "For ruther information please check www.apple.com/uk.... lar dee dar" and i said 02 and CPW will have them i'm just wondering if you will? And yet again he repeated the line. So does anyone know if they will?

2. mclihah2 macrumors member

The deal is as follows

1) Regents Street (London) Definitely selling for new customers only

2) Local stores....check the website for your local stores later today (or tonight) They can't say as of yet (perhaps because they are unsure themselves)

I've ascertained the above information by asking a few staff members at the london store, and phoning my local (Manchester) store a couple of times.

3. Gamble thread starter macrumors member

Okay thank you :)

I phone the Apple store in Cambridge and got this answer so ill check later tonight :)

4. Gamst macrumors regular

Gamst

Do we know for sure Apple stores will have more stock than o2 and CPW?

I obviously can't que at both and since my local o2 shops still don't know anything I don't know what to do!

Will Apple stores be able to process my PAC code and will they be able to offer me iphone insurance?

5. geeb macrumors regular

My local store gave me the same "check website" answer but an employee friend there said they had been delivered.

I will now bet they will not be sold there. Shenanigans!

6. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

Apple stores will have more stock basically because there's only 15 of them..

I doubt they'll handle PAC, however you can sign up and do the PAC code bit over the phone/online once you have the phone in your hands.

7. Gamst macrumors regular

Gamst

Would I have to use my PAC before the activation process? I'm just wondering do I need to have what will be my permanent number when I first set up with itunes and when I set up my online account with o2?

8. Badgerguy macrumors member

According to O2, you'll be allocated a temporary number whilst they get the porting process completed. I would expect that with so many people wanting to port accross from their current network to O2, there may be delays in this process.

--
    BG

9. macmedal macrumors regular

Its unbelievable that the day before the launch there is still no official info from UK Apple stores as to whether they are stocking the iPhone and what time they are opening. The fact there are no workshops indicate they will be selling the iPhone but it is incredible that there is still no official word !!!!

10. Gamst macrumors regular

Gamst

My Apple store didn't know either, though they were a million times more helpful that the o2 stores I've called! I was told to call back later before 10pm.

11. macmedal macrumors regular

Just phoned my local Apple said that they were opening at the usual time (1000hrs) and unbelievably would still not confirm whether they were selling the iPhone. What a crock of **** !!!!

12. starnox macrumors 6502

Not true. Just been in the Regent Street Store and they said they don't know if they are selling it tomorrow yet.

Apple UK is so useless.

13. Kevrani76 macrumors newbie

I was at the Regent Street store this evening, the guy didn't know what time they were opening tomorrow, or even if they were selling any iPhones!:confused:

14. macmedal macrumors regular

I want the white 16GB. As O2 have said they are not stocking it the only alternative is to risk waiting for the Apple store to open to see if they are selling it. If not I will have probably missed out altogether as O2 open two hours earlier :mad:

15. Zoowatch macrumors 6502

do u think the Apple Retail store iPhone pricing will be the same as that of O2? :confused:

16. macmedal macrumors regular

If they are selling the iphone, yes it will be the same.

17. markym07931 macrumors regular

another clue

just tried booking a personal shopper..

surprisingly, none are available tomorrow

18. adampetros macrumors newbie

hi. i was wondering if you knew where the online bit is or if you have a link please, much appreciated. thanks

19. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

Apple store in Birmingham were offering iPhones to new customers, both 8GB, 16GB (both Black and White). System went down, but everyone in line was able to reserve a phone. Manager advised that they had plenty of stock. Phones are now locked in a cage in store room with name tags on them, ready for when O2 sort the system out (possibly, and hopefully, tomorrow). PAC codes could be used in store to transfer your old number. Apple store to ring all customers who reserved phone tomorrow with an update on the O2 situation.

Hope this helps.