Apple Student 100$ Giftcard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by medi.freak, Oct 2, 2011.

1. medi.freak macrumors regular

I bought my 15" MBP in the US about a month ago, and I got the 100$ Giftcard together with the Student Discount with it. I do live in Germany though now, and have a german Apple ID. On the back of the Giftcard it says that you can only use it in the US Mac App Store or the US iTunes Store. So I asked German Apple Support if they can do anything about it, and they told me no, there is no way. I just can not believe that this is true. Is there any way to load Programs using that Giftcard on my laptop and then use the programs over here? Is it possible to use my girlfriends account (who lives in the US and has a US Apple ID) and load the programs or music over her account with my Giftcard?
    Thank You..

2. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

Yes your gf can use that gift card. And then u can use your gf's I'd to load onto yours.. :)

3. medi.freak thread starter macrumors regular

woohoo =) haha thanks!

EDIT>

It just came to my mind: What if she has the App already installed at her own laptop? Is there a way to download the App without pirating it?

4. Gillespie81 macrumors regular

give her the card number and she can gift you the credit/money to your acct. Its under iTunes gifts there is a few ways to do it. as long as she has the credits in her acct then she can gift it to you.

5. medi.freak thread starter macrumors regular

Thank You ! =)
    You know this forum should be recommended to every new mac user, or every time someone buys an apple product. It is much better than the Apple Support ! =D