apple student discount question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by azngamer808, Jan 30, 2008.

1. azngamer808 macrumors member

so this isn't directly a laptop question but...i am a student at the university of washington (in seattle) and am planning on buying a macbook pro when they come out. does any one know if i can use my apple student discount in a state other than washington? cus i was thinking about going down to a apple retail store in oregon so that i can save on the 0% sales tax like when i bought my tv.

2. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

3. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

Just bring your student id and you should be fine.

4. apachie2k macrumors 6502

apachie2k

actually, i recently just found out (in the stamford, ct store) that the only way to get the student discount is to buy online.... so you might want to check before, you go in there with a big smile:D and come out with an upside down smile :mad:

5. abbottpc.com macrumors member

You can get your student discount on hardware but not software at the store.

6. ViveLeLivre macrumors regular

ViveLeLivre

Or you could try to find a uni bookstore that keeps Apple products in stock. The prices at our bookstore are actually cheaper than the online academic pricing, and not once have I been ID'ed.

Last purchase: MacBook 2.2ghz for $1149 + tax.

7. aiongiant macrumors 6502a

the bookstore at our university charges more than the online LOL
    pretty lame

but yea shouldn't be a problem just bring student id and you should be good

8. DocSmitty macrumors regular

Whoa where the heck do you go to school and what's the cheapest seminar I can take to enroll. Damn.

My university sells at the Apple Online edu prices, so I did the apple dev. connection to get another $100 off.

9. Designer1 macrumors member

Shouldn't be a problem. I live in Massachusetts and go to New Hampshire for 0% tax all the time. I just bought an MBP there and the employee did not even bat an eyelash when I handed her my student ID. In my case, Massachusetts relies on residents to report out of state purchases come tax time:rolleyes: