Apple student discount

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Ericwho, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Ericwho macrumors newbie

Feb 23, 2010
    Riverside, CA.
    Do you get the apple student discount at the apple store (not online)?
  2. Cheetos3254 macrumors newbie

Feb 6, 2010
    Yes you can get a student discount at the retail store. Just bring your student ID and a photo ID and that should be all you need.

Good luck
  3. BeachChair macrumors 6502a

Apr 11, 2008
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Could I as a Danish resident get student discount in an american Apple store? Going to the US in a few weeks.
  4. Seo macrumors regular

Jun 1, 2009
    Cupertino, California
    Can you get a student discount in mainland China (not HK) as well?
  5. deraj090 macrumors regular

Feb 18, 2010
    You should be able to. Per apple's terms and conditions:

"Higher Education - Faculty and staff of Higher Education institutions; and students attending, or accepted into a Higher Education institution are eligible to purchase. Purchases from the Apple Store for Education Individuals are not for institutional purchase or resale."

However you'll have to order within the US -- they will not ship outside the US.

If they give you an issue, speak with the manager. If the manager gives you an issue, tell them they're discriminating against a non-American student.
  6. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

Sep 28, 2008
    Call the local store and find out?
  7. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

Jul 13, 2009
    No. Its for US students only, unfortunately..
  8. deraj090 macrumors regular

Feb 18, 2010
    I dont believe it says that in any of their policies or terms/conditions.

Can you find it for me?
  9. MossyForest macrumors newbie

Feb 14, 2010
    Wrong. Its for all students regardless of their nationality.
  10. trees macrumors newbie

Dec 9, 2009
    You are giving misinformation. You can be any nationality but at a US apple store you must be enrolled in a US institution.
  11. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

Sep 28, 2008
    If you find a really nice sales person, you don't. She gave my friend who's a teacher in Japan the student discount here in CA when he was visiting back. He bought a 15.4" MBP with my corporate discount (more than student discount) and then she gave him the student discount on the AppleCare for said laptop (much better discount than my corporate would have been).

All it is to get a student discount is entering ANY institution's code into the checkout process. They've got a folder full of the schools that partake, just pick a code and done. Same goes for corporate, but they're less willing to fudge a corporate discount.