Apple Students discount for foreign people.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by diegof127, Jun 16, 2011.

1. diegof127 macrumors newbie

Hi, for work purposes I will stay in Atlanta, US, for about 2 weeks, and I am planning to get a mbp 13, the question is about if I qualify for the "Apple Students" discount, and what papers should I take there.
    Thank you to all

2. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

Do you have a student ID? Or maybe a schedule for classes that you're taking?

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If you aren't a student, you obviously don't qualify for the student discount.

4. thebeautyisfake macrumors regular

Alright, smartass. That's clearly not what he's asking.
    He wants to know where he stands on claiming the discount when he's in another country. What papers he'd need, if any, to prove his eligibility. Whether he's a student or not is not the question.

5. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

Well, I am from Spain but study in Puerto Rico. I called the Apple Store in Madrid to ask just this a couple of days ago, and they told me I'd only be eligible if I studied within a Spanish institution, not from P.R.

You can try your luck there though.. they usually don't ask for much.

6. diegof127 thread starter macrumors newbie

Last time I have been in US I bought my current mba, but without the student discount, but I just enter Apple website and $100 discount is only applied to students, so it does not matter anyway. Obviously I am a student, in my university we do not have an ID student card or something like that, I just want to know if the students discount is available for people who studies outside from the US, thank you all anyway, and ratzzo maybe Apple Stores in the US have different policies from the ones in Spain.