Apple Studio Display 21

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by db4rt, Apr 11, 2008.

1. db4rt macrumors newbie

I am having some problems when trying to use this monitor in windows XP with a radeon 9600 128mb.
    it is only giving me a strip of image in the middle and there is no wai I can adjust the monitor to change that.
    can anyone help? I'd really like to have this thing working.

oh wow guys, 48 veiws and not a single reply.
    this forum is hopeless.
    and btw, io know this is adouble post

2. beige matchbox macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

I guess this is the old G3/G4 era CRT? I think they were studio displays...

Anyway, have you tried the OSD menus? there should be 4 or 5 buttons i think just under the front, menu < > exit or something :)

If that doesn't work, can you describe in a bit more detail whats being displayed? Is the image squished, or is some of it missing?

3. db4rt thread starter macrumors newbie

there is no osd buttons on the monitor.
    and the image is a narrow strip down the middle displaying full colours

4. beige matchbox macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

hmm, ok, some more info on the exact model of screen if you would :)

Is it one of these - http://www.theapplecollection.com/design/macreleased/StudioDisplay.html

Or, the same screen, but in G3 colours - http://jeffcarlson.typepad.com/thought/2005/01/teeny_mac_mini.html

I have the 17in version, and there is an OSD as I described, I'm sure the 21in does too, as well as the coloursync button.

The later screens, the transparent ones where you can clearly see the innards, which had an ADC connection instead of VGA/DVi might be different, but, to use that on a PC would require an adapter and you haven't mentioned anything like that

5. db4rt thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah its just the apple display you linked. blue on white but without OSD buttons it just has brightness up and colour correction. and no, im not using any adaptors its just a vga connection staright into my 9600

6. beige matchbox macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

Had a quick look around and i'm noting it has a USB connection as well as VGA, so i wander if under OS 8.6 - OS 9 the OS can configure the display, if so unless you can fund a setup utility for windows you may well have had it :eek:

Certainly the coloursync button would require a data link to the computer, so it's not to far out of the way for rest of the screens setup to use the link too.

7. db4rt thread starter macrumors newbie