Apple Studio Display M7613

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jacquesantoine, Apr 25, 2009.

1. jacquesantoine macrumors newbie

I have an old Apple Studio Display M7613 that works perfectly and I would like to know if it's possible to plug it and use it with a new Mini Mac.
    Thank for any information

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Mini DVI-DVI, DVI-ADC. You'll be spending a lot.

3. awmazz macrumors 65816

I can't see why not. M7613 should be the 3rd revision with a DVI connector (rev 1 and 2 were DB-15 and VGA connectors respectively), so it should work fine on a new Mini using just a DVI <-> Mini DVI adapter.

There's confusion between the three revisions and the model numbers though so even if it's either of the other two connector types, it should still work with adapter/s - VGA will require a VGA <-> miniDVI adapter, and DB-15 will require two adapters: a DB-15 <-> VGA adapter attached to VGA <-> miniDVI adapter (and I have no idea if anyone's ever even tried that!).

Apple's ever-changing display connector types keeps the adapter industry in business. ;)

4. mrcman macrumors newbie

5. rtheb macrumors 6502

I started a thread about the M7613 here

lcdpayless provides a third party power adapter that works like a charm. I found it here:

h**p://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=360129177311

[​IMG]

6. mrcman macrumors newbie

thanks for your reply ;)

thank you for the link but i cant buy from internet i live in morocco .
    i can buy a power adapter with the good voltage and amps i just need the correct polarity.
    so just look at the back of your power adapter it must be writen there if it isnt
    you can mesure it by a voltmetere:cool:
    thank you my freind:)

7. rtheb macrumors 6502

Send Kenny Hu an e-mail at lcdpayless and he can give you the information you need:

huwb2004
    @yahoo.com

8. mrcman macrumors newbie