Apple sued over 3G connectivity

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alexbates, Jan 29, 2009.

1. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. Private Dirt macrumors regular

Private Dirt

Dude sounds like another "perfectionist"

My 3g works just fine.. i have service when most people dont. Maybe its because of all the hills and valleys in Cali??

4. alexbates thread starter macrumors 65816

alexbates

I have great service on my phone when I travel to some cities. I guess its just where I live, even though I live in a big city.

5. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Hey, 3G connectivity isn't the issue of Apple...

and what is his proof that Apple knowingly did this?

6. Macman756 macrumors 6502a

Macman756

I live in GA too. I have full strength 3G wherever I go. All around ATL and south GA.

7. huck500 macrumors 6502

huck500

I live in Southern California, in a very hilly area, and I get full bars at home, at work, and everywhere in between...

8. Acronym macrumors 68000

this guy is just looking for a get rich quick scheme, quite frankly i hope apple kicks the crap out of his lawsuit and totaly wastes the guy for being a dork.

9. thunderclap macrumors 6502a

thunderclap

Not sure how it's Apple's fault. They provide the hardware, not the service. Go after AT&T.

10. Private Dirt macrumors regular

Private Dirt

Ummm.... he is ;)

11. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I get 3G and I can do 150KB/s downloads. That's pretty fast to me!

It's nobody's fault. AT&T's network can support 3G very well; I called them when I got only EDGE and the next day I was getting full bars of 3G.

I blame Mother Nature; try suing her!

12. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I'm shocked no one else has said this yet, so here goes: Thanks for the image, I am certain it will come in handy again in the future!

13. No1451 macrumors 6502

Well damn you can sue because you're too dumb to tell the difference between marketing and reality?

I am gonna sue Mr. Clean, no floating muscly guy appeared when I used any of their products.

14. alexbates thread starter macrumors 65816

alexbates

15. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

Wow. Not wise. He's going to get ripped apart in court. Unless he can prove that all the chips in the 3G are faulty (or that most of them are), he's gonna get destroyed by Apple's legal department.

16. sk8tergaro macrumors newbie

Thats has to be the dumbest thing i have every heard. Its like you if you tried to sue LG because you didn't pay your phone bill and the provider shut off your service. YOU SUE THE PROVIDER if anything!!!! WOW.....

BTW I'm on my iphone tethered though PDA Net and full 3G in upstate New York, so i have nothing bad to say to apple. I have copy and paste and mms. For get the app store go hack your phone works better :)

17. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

actually if u read the apple insider article, it says he is NOT going after AT&T, just apple. i dont know why though

18. Stratus Fear macrumors 6502

Same here. I live right outside of ATL and work in Buckhead and am downtown several times a week. No problems whatsoever.

19. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

There was already testing done on the iphone and it was gound to have an average antenna, the problem lies with AT&T's crappy infastructure.

I dont get how the logical step is to go after the phone maker when your having reception issues?:confused:

20. alexbates thread starter macrumors 65816

alexbates

The SIM cards in iPhones are all made by AT&T. If he wanted to sue them for that, he would have to file another complaint.

On the other hand, he could sue Apple for the antenna inside the phone that picks up the cellular signal. I'm sure that it's not much different than in any other phone though.

For people having trouble with their iPhone 3G signal- try restarting your iPhone. It's a good idea to do that at least once a week, especially if you recently installed an App from the App Store.

I live on the perimeter of ATL. I go downtown every so often and never have a problem with the signal. On the highway, the bars on my phone go up to full and will drop down to 1 or 0 a minute later. It must just be that the cell service is better in some parts of the city and worse in other parts of the city where you are farther away from a cell tower.

21. Stratus Fear macrumors 6502

So I guess it's just a simple coverage issue in some areas...

22. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

I wasn't referring to the SIM cards (had I been, I would've said... uh... "SIM cards".) :)

I was referring to the GSM chipset (the one made by Infineon), which would most likely be the part that he would have to prove to be faulty. He could try to prove that the antenna is faulty as well, but that's a lot harder to do, given the insanely complex, multi-variable nature of real world antenna performance.

23. aristotle macrumors 68000

aristotle

It's the network, the network configuration or the sim cards being given out at some AT&T stores obviously. The iPhones are working fine outside of the US.

There were some speed/connectivity issues at one point on Fido a couple months after launch but they were resolved for the most part by the network provider. The firmware updates fixed any calling/dialing issues people might have been having.

24. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Yep, lets all sue Scientific Atlanta for the lousy cable service in the US.

25. jk111 macrumors regular

I would have to agree. I have an AT&T Blackberry Bold and it randomly will display EDGE instead of 3G and flash back and forth.