Apple Support Discussions down...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dan.uk, Sep 17, 2007.

1. dan.uk macrumors newbie

Ok I have been keeping an eye on the :apple: support forums all day in case a statement was released concerning the touch's screen quality. The support forums have just gone down and been replaced with this:

We're sorry, Apple Discussions is temporarily unavailable. We'll be back soon.
    Until then, please visit http://www.apple.com/support

The less paranoid would say this this is coincidence, me however...

2. davemello macrumors newbie

I'll be curious to see if the monster "My Screen Sucks" threads that have been building up are removed when it comes back?

3. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Well today is the day the crap would be hitting the proverbial fan at Apple HQ.

The units started releasing on Thursday but it really wasn't until Friday afternoon that the screen issue started to blow up.

There are probably meetings going on at this very moment about how to deal with the problem.

4. dan.uk thread starter macrumors newbie

My first reaction was that :apple: may want to put an end to the ongoing speculation if an announcement was imminent.

5. MeWhOeLsE macrumors member

Knowing apple that'll invove mass deletions then only dealing with it when/if it gets released to main stream media

6. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Several reviews have mentioned it so I would say that the word is out. What amazes me is that many videos are downright unwatchable and yet few reviewers have come right out and said this.

It's "interesting" in that many of these publications have contacts with Apple.

7. dan.uk thread starter macrumors newbie

Looks like the support forums are back up.

Maybe their servers are just built in the same factory as the touch :D

8. MichaelThomas macrumors member

There back up.

From first inspections looks like theyve removed all topics with the titles stating screen problems.

9. dan.uk thread starter macrumors newbie

10. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

"Display of dark images/video" is the main thread. It's still there, and has lots of posts from today.

11. jockmock macrumors regular

yeah, naturally they removed the my screen sucks threads. that's totally understandable