Apple support, I dont think so..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mollie1965, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Mollie1965 macrumors newbie

Just thought people might like to see how apple are treating their customers...I have an apple 5C. I got this from my service provider here in Ireland. I bought it on my credit card and it was factory unlocked by Apple. After one month the phone battery started to fully discharge within 2 hours. This is the second time I have had this problem with a 5C. Went through all the trouble shooting with Apple, AGAIN, but it did not fix the problem. I called Apple again and after a VERY long time I had to speak to a supervisor as the solutions given to me were of no help i.e. go to the nearest Apple store. The nearest Apple store is in another country! This didn't seem to phase the woman I was talking to. The supervisor called Joao apologised and said he was SOO sorry and he was making it his personal quest to help me. He said that he would send out a replacement phone and I was to send back my 5C with the courier. GREAT. Then he said that he had to take 327 euros of my credit card until he received. So I had np option but to agree to that! 10 days later I had heard nothing from Apple. No email, no calls, NO PHONE. I called apple support again and after spending another 20 minutes waiting I spoke to a women who was called Nuano (I think that is the spelling). I started to tell her the problem and in short, halfway through my explaining she talked over me and said that the order was cancelled. I asked why I had not been told of this and she said that it was not Apples problem and it was up to me to call them for an update. I said that this was not the sort of customer support I would expect from Apple and she said , well that is how it is and then hung up!!! She was the rudest most ignorant person I have ever had the misfortune to speak too. As I was very angry over this and called support again and spoke to a lovely lady called Jill who listened both to my issue with the phone AND Nuano, who should be fired. She said this was not acceptable and she put me through to a supervisor called Joe Sacchieri Now we are going on 50 minutes for this phone call!

Joe was very sympathetic (nothing new there) and said that he would be reporting Nueno and he would personally take care of my issue with the phone and get back to me. I thought I was getting somewhere. 5 days later and a few email from me and nothing so I called again. Went through the whole issue again with a guy called Glen. He apologised on behalf of Apple (I this this is the only thing these idiots are trained to do). Told me that the order was cancelled AGAIN and that was that.

I received and email this morning which read :

We regret that we are unable to reactivate this repair using the provided POP. Apple previously denied the Express Replacement service request for this customer. Discrepancies were found in previous customer returned products and/or Proof of Purchase.

I have never returned anything to Apple! I have the receipt from my credit card to say it was me who bought the phone. It was unlocked by Apple and the unlock code sent to my email address. How much more evidence do you need to know that this phone is mine.

Apple support is a timewasting joke. Lots of apologies and nothing else. I am absolutely disgusted with the amount of time I have wasted on this. Apple are now so big that the ordinary person means nothing.

I think on Monday morning a wee talk with my lawyer and the European Consumer Centre

2. that be me macrumors 6502

3. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

Member as of: Today

Has to have a wee talk with his lawyer over and iPhone that came out in 2013..... Something doesn't add up.

[​IMG]

4. JohnApples macrumors 65816

Wait, I'm confused. You said you bought a factory unlocked phone, but then said you had Apple unlock it for you. If it was factory unlocked, you wouldn't need a code or anything like that right?

Secondly, you said that APPLE sent you an unlock code. Unless I'm missing something, Apple has no power to unlock phones, as it's all the carrier's responsibility.

5. ARizz44, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015

ARizz44 macrumors 6502

ARizz44

Just so I get this straight, you had a dissatisfying experience with 2 or so of the 80,000+ Apple employees and now feel compelled to inform of us of how 'Apple' are treating their customers? Interesting. Well, I guess I am fortunate. Of the dozens of times I have meandered into the nearest Apple store, combined with the times I have been on the phone with them, they have done nothing short of nearly tripping over themselves to make sure my experience was above and beyond pleasant.

Clearly I am in the minority ;)

6. MagicHAM macrumors regular

MagicHAM

I smell a fish and a rat with this story. Apple never send out unlock codes to unlock phones as John says Apple's responsibility.

Sounds to me you were trying to rip them off for a phone. Sounds like they caught you out red handed mate.

If it yells like a duck kill a cow and give it shoes I say....

7. Older bird macrumors regular

Older bird

If your going to type a diatribe, please use paragraphs. I can't even begin to read it. I've had nothing but great outcomes when I deal with apple support. Can't relate, sorry

8. chrfr macrumors 603

There's enough discrepancies in this rant that I'm not surprised that Apple found discrepancies in the story as well.

9. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

I managed (barely) to get through your post. Weird story. 98% of the time I have nothing but excellent service from Apple.

10. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

While I don't understand what his run on sentences have to do with anything, the story is absurd. Ideally, things like this should be disregarded. To keep up with the spirit of the thread though, apple support is usually pretty useless with technical issues because they are not very technical, but always very nice!

11. Chatter macrumors 6502a

To summarize - there is a discrepancy and Apple seems to think you are a fraud. Doesnt mean they are right but that is their take. They keep cancelling your order for some reason despite your willingness to pay (as you claim).

Either there is some fraud or some big misunderstanding.

12. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68020

Ulenspiegel

Troll bait. Not taken.
    (Member since yesterday, don't they get tired?)

13. racer1441 macrumors 68000

14. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Run on sentences have everything to do with with it - if a person can't write clearly....

15. SpasticPat macrumors 6502

SpasticPat

Should probably remove the Apple employees' email addresses and full names...

16. Wondercow macrumors 6502a

This is quite funny because, as I type this, the thread directly above this one on the front page sidebar is a person who broke his own phone while drunk and Apple replaced it for free because he was honest and polite :rolleyes:

17. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I quit reading after the first sentence!

The OP need to tell us how they REALLY feel!

18. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Apple support has always been outstanding for me. I wish other companies were as good.

19. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

This is awesome, the OP is going to talk to his/her lawyer about this. Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy a new phone?

20. AFEPPL macrumors 68020

AFEPPL

Wow... some very judgmental people/comments....

What are you wanting expecting to happen?
    Did they actually charge your credit card?
    If apple are not bothered and you still want the device, look for a 3rd party repair and when you are up for a new device - vote with your feet.