Apple support rocks :D

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Keva161, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Keva161 macrumors member

I posted a thred a few days ago where I scratched my iPhone :( Luckly though, I was able to get most of them out, only leaving a light mark. I also had some light leaking issues where the screen wasnt quite flush with the case. Took into a Apple store today and he said.. hmm ok well as the iphones a sealed unit we'll replace it.. Sweet!

So a new iPhone for me :D Need a new case for it as the Capsule Rebel I had is pure garbage, scratches the phone as its a very tough silocone.. was thinking the revo 2? Any Suggestions?

2. purpleclad macrumors member

I had a similar experience yesterday at a Genius appointment. I took my phone in cause everytime I hooked it up to my computer to sync, iTunes would completely lockup and wouldn't even let me get to the point of doing a restore before freezing. I tried it on my brand new laptop with the exact same result. Took it in and he said we can restore it for you in the store, but then he saw a crack that was forming by the silent switch and said "lets just go ahead and give you a new phone".

I thought, great. So he pulls out a whitebox and opens it and then takes it into the backroom, comes out and says "we're gonna have to try this again, because this unit is leaking light down the whole left side". I couldn't believe it! He took out another, went in the backroom, came out and said "this one looks great".

Excellent customer service in my opinion.

3. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

I wish I could say I had a similar experience, unfortunately my iPhone keeps having a problem reading the sim card, I have to remove the sim, reset it in the sim tray and it would kick on, well over time it's gotten more and more frequent...

So I call up AT&T, go through the whole troubleshooting process, he asks if I live near an Apple store, which I do, it's about 1hr away so he scheduled the appointment for the next day (last Saturday) the AT&T rep informs me they'll replace the phone..

Satruday morning I get up early, drive down there.. the Apple genius, proceeds to examine the phone, he puts his sim card in and surprise, he says' Oh, it works fine' I said, yes, it works but I have to keep resetting the sim card, that can't be normal.

He says, well if the sim tray is broke, it's my fault because they just don't break and that's not covered under warranty.

He then takes my sim card, puts it in his phone, it didn't work. He then says "Oh, your sim card is bad" I said, I just used it yesterday? He says he can't do anything for me and sends me on my way..

I leave very disgruntled.. I stop at an AT&T store in the mall, get a new sim card, put it in my iPhone, low and behold for the AT&T rep it didn't work at first, he had to pop it out and put it back in, it kicked on the 2nd time..

I go back to the Apple Store and the GENIUS says, he can't do anything for me, I have to make another appointment..

F* the Apple Store at the Galleria Mall in Ft. Lauderdale at this point!

4. Sehnsucht macrumors 65816

For the best customer service experience, visit an Apple store in a red state with a relatively low percentage of Mac users, like Oklahoma. :D I dunno, maybe they feel pressured, or as though they have something to prove here. :D All of my experiences have been excellent! :cool:

5. pavvento macrumors 6502

I've been having weird battery issues the past 3 weeks. The Genius told me I should buy a blackberry because most of my usage time is doing email!

I almost laughed in his face. He told me 3 hours of usage time a day is standard for dead battery (with 3G and wifi off and not making calls).

6. Sehnsucht macrumors 65816

GTFO!!! HE DID NOT!!! :D :D :D Bwahahahaha!!! :D