Apple Support Rocks!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by No More Windows, Sep 6, 2011.

1. No More Windows macrumors member

As a little bit of background, I was having a slight issue with the home button on my iPhone 4. Some days it was slow to respond to the home button, some days it wouldn't work at all, and other days it worked fine, and as it was only about half way through my original 12 month warranty period, I was prepared to live with it for a bit longer, as not to be stranded without my phone for too long.

Skip forward to today, I came to be in the Apple store this morning for a Genius bar reservation on another issue with the smart cover marking up the aluminium case of my iPad, and I just thought I'd ask about how long I could expect to be without my phone during the repair period on the button.

The guy grabbed my phone and had a quick look, but failed to find a problem at all, but promptly reached into the draw behind him and pulled out a shiny new iPhone 4 and asked if I'd like a replacement!! I was almost floored... He switched out the Micro SIM and I was on my way in under 5 minutes. Well done Apple, in particular the Castle Hill NSW store (Sydney Australia) for your prompt service and value of customer satisfaction. It that kind of service that will keep me an Apple customer, probably for life!! :apple::apple:

2. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

Apple has the best Support by far.That's why i love them

3. Uln4321 macrumors regular

Good to know they will replace it! Mine has been having this problem recently sometimes not responding for a few minutes! Thought there was no way they would replace it since I cannot repeat it.

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

So you don't have to reproduce the problem? My iPHone does this, but not consistently. I have AppleCare warranty.

5. bob616 macrumors 6502

If you have AppleCare and don't want to risk getting turned away from the genius bar, just call the support phone number explain your issue and have them set up a repair by mail.

6. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

yeap same here! When you go Mac you don't go back!

7. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I love Apple's customer service. Personally I've never had a bad experience at any of my genius bar visits.

8. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

Never had an issue with Apple Support. A few iPhones swapped and a new MBP to replace an old 2007 design that was acting up.

You can't beat that.

9. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Same experience with my iPod touch; walked in with it broken and out with a new one. Part of the "Apple Tax" goes toward killer customer support. :cool:

10. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

Your post is typical of my own experience, something sorely lacking in the Windows world. It's one reason I switched conclusively and for good. I still use Windows when I must, but by running it in a Fusion virtual machine on my Mac.

11. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

I've never had an issue with the genius bar. great service!!

12. asaeta macrumors member

I've had some mixed experiences with Apple support over the years, but I guess that they're generally pretty good about small problems (my Macbook Pro battery had expanded for some reason so it wasn't really fitting flush so I took it to the Apple store yesterday and a genius gave me a new one for free!) :apple:

13. Bodycalming macrumors member

Bodycalming

The same thing happened to me, my iPhone was three weeks out of warranty when it developed a fault! I took it to the Apple Store and asked if they could help? After running a check on it they told me the iPhone is out of warranty, therefore it could not be repaired! They simply gave me a new iPhone.:D

14. No More Windows thread starter macrumors member

Yeah the guy told me that this was a "Known Issue" surrounding the iPhone 4 home button, probably caused (In his opinion) by the constant double click to close out running background apps. I told him I was amazed that they replaced it without being able to replicate the problem I was having, and he said... "Don't worry about it, Apple's doing OK financially, it just sucks that you had to come in here at all!! We're all about customer satisfaction"

Couldn't have made me feel any better if they tried!! :)