Apple Support

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Zillicah, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Zillicah macrumors member

I didn't know where to put this thread... so I put it here. Sorry if that's wrong :x

Anyways, I've heard some stories when the apple support people say that their notebook had water damage, when it never did. so they said that apple lied so they didn't have to replace it. does apple support do this kinda stuff?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I don't believe Apple lies about things like this... but the moisture sensors are not infallible

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

They sure do.

I had an old iPod touch that had screen, dust and light leak problems so I contacted Apple Support. The lady I spoke to had no idea what to do, or was just lazy, and filed it as a 'battery problem'. So they ran tests on my battery, found nothing wrong, and sent it right back without addressing anything on the screen. What made matters worse is they dented and scratched the backplate. I was really annoyed at that so I called them back and spoke to one of the people 'higher up' in the iPod division (I live nowhere near an Apple store). They said they'd investigate my case and that after they went through the service record I'd hear back from them later that day. Stupidly, I waited THREE WEEKS before realising it was unacceptable. I never heard back from them, at all. I really should file a complaint...

Anyway, yeah, Apple Support can be very shady.

4. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Its funny that you mention this because my cousin's 12" powerbook died a couple years back and he sent it into apple care and they told him it was due to water damage.

He swore its never been outside nor he spilled anything on it.

I do hear from people about the so called water damage that Apple reports on their logic boards while they swore to the god(s) that they never spilled or had any liquid near their precious, so I feel about 50/50 on who to believe.