Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
Went in for dust under camera lens, and also complained the screens straight garbage. Easily smudges and scratches like crazy - easier than other iPhones in the past.

About 1.5 hours later, new iPhone (white box) bc there was some problem.

Thousand bucks on a phone...was hoping it’d go smoother than this.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Wouldn't they get fired for not doing their job?
Just pointing out a quicker alternative that many companies take often enough.

The other possibility is that they could have had you send it in at your own cost so that they could look at it and try to fix it and send it back to you weeks later (potentially even without anything being fixed).

Man on the moon

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
Los Angeles
Went in for dust under camera lens, and also complained the screens straight garbage. Easily smudges and scratches like crazy - easier than other iPhones in the past.

Couldn't you have just returned and got a new phone ? LOL

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA

The other possibility is that they could have had you send it in at your own cost so that they could look at it and try to fix it and send it back to you weeks later (potentially even without anything being fixed).

Ummm it's still under warranty. I didn't have to pay
[doublepost=1538109180][/doublepost]
Couldn't you have just returned and got a new phone ? LOL

It's past 14 days :(

off_piste

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2015
Usually. Sometimes they give trouble I guess. Still kind of frustrated with the overall process tbh.

I can be one to give Apple grief but their customer service is not something to complain about. You must not realize how crappy of customer service other companies provide.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

I think it’s also fair that you should let others know you have had your iPhone X for almost a year, and now all of sudden you’re complaining about scratches/smudges and dust? How do we know that you have not abused the display yourself and you’re blaming Apple?

Last edited:

ApplePersonFreak

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2016

Just because you spend a certain amount of money on something, doesn’t mean it’s all going to be a perfect product. There are bad seeds with everything now. You got a new phone, and yet you’re still complaining? Go to Samsung and see if you’ll get that same type of service. They’re going to say it’s your fault and make you pay.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area

They replaced your phone. Be grateful

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal

It’s called a “capture”. They have you send it in for engineers. They keep it.

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2018
You're not the only paying Apple customer in that store at any one time. Perish the thought of the other peasant device owners who should wait on thou to go first who also have pending service and work orders or came into the store first and were waiting.

There very likely was other repair work going on at the same time and they had to diagnose it before simply handing over a new device blindly.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Dude, I think you're being unrealistic. Go to any apple store and the place is hopping, and people are waiting. You paid a 1,000 for a phone, well the person next to you paid 3,000 for his MacBook Pro and is waiting. The other person paid 7,000 regarding his iMac Pro. Doesn't matter, you make an appointment and you wait your turn.

Most of us don't want to wait an hour, or two for for customer support, but in the end, you got a replacement. Isn't that's what is important

techspin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014
You'd probably still complain about something if they got you out in five minutes and upgraded you to an XS.

Reactions: C DM

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Every time I make an 'appointment' I still end up waiting at least 30 mins AFTER my agreed appointment time. Im always frustrated before I even get to the so called 'Genuis'.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Every time I make an 'appointment' I still end up waiting at least 30 mins AFTER my agreed appointment time. Im always frustrated before I even get to the so called 'Genuis'.
I'm not dismissing the frustration part, I agree if we made appointments why do we end up waiting for a long time, but paying 1,000 doesn't give anyone a right to jump ahead of the line or a faster turn around time

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.