Apple Sydney Store Open Thursday, June 19, at 5pm.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LiveForever, Jun 8, 2008.

1. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Ron Johnson, the head of Apple's retail division, spoke to Stephen Hutcheon over the phone about the new $15 million Sydney Apple Store

Johnson, says:
    - "the store would open for business on Thursday, June 19, at 5pm."
    - 3 floors of store at the the corner of King and George streets in the Sydney CBD.
    - "We're not coming to open a single store in Sydney," Johnson said. "We will open more stores but we are not prepared at this time to talk about additional cities, additional stores."
    ( Melbourne's Chadstone Shopping Centre, N. Sydney suburb of Chatswood)
    - "there's a secret architectural feature that eats into the total size of the store."
    - "one of the biggest stores we've ever built and what I would say for now is that it's a very significant store,"
    - 1st floor to Mac computers, 80 on display, free to use
    - 2nd floor devoted to new products, "such as the iPod" [and you can guess the 3G iPhone too, and anything else extra special]
    - 3rd level is the service floor - Apple's largest "Genius Bar" in the world
    Pro Lab service, which provides in-depth training (with homework!) to professional users. (only available elsewhere in NY or Boston)

- Will feature a lot of glass, a giant 3m Apple logo suspended over the main entrance and floors paved with stone imported from Italy.

2. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

3. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I read this this morning too. Article doesn't say too much that's interesting but good to have a final date. Still hoping it coincides with the iPhone release. Love to pick one up in person.

I'm guessing it's a special staircase.

4. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Yeah, I dont think so. Thats not really a new thing unless the retail guy thinks we are ignorant of whats overseas.

I wonder if its something like a three story atrium feature besides the Apple.

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

that feature is probably an espresso bar - no Sydneysider could go an hour without a lattè.

6. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

serious post: If so I hope they have soy milk.

7. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

mm. Hopefully they bring out an orange mocha frappuccino however the hell you spell the last word bar.

[​IMG]

ORANGE MOCHA FRAPPUCCINO! man we don't even have them here.