Apple Sync service coming in 9 days?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by X86BSD, Nov 20, 2008.

1. X86BSD macrumors member

Browsing the web for an application for Ireland on my iphone I stumbled across this company called Avego. If you visit their webpage at http://www.avego.com/ui/index.action you will see under the video window demoing their product, in the blue box, they say they are waiting on Apple to release their sync service before releasing their application. But they also have a counter in the top right counting the days before the application is released. It's currently sitting at 9 days. Did they just spill the beans? Is the Sync service for the iPhone being released in 9 days before the holidays?

2. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

Interesting find. I wonder if it's accurate. It will also be interesting to see if this site stays up like that. From the site:

3. specops macrumors regular

"Avego will be available as a free beta download for individuals on the iPhone Appstore - see the counter above (we are waiting for Apple Push capability, due soon, before releasing)."
    quote from the blue box you are talking about

Good find... seems like they are saying we will have push in 9 days... but do they really know for sure? time will tell

4. detz macrumors 65816

Sync and Push are separate things...neither of which are slated for the next release.

5. X86BSD thread starter macrumors member

I meant to say Push service. Why I said Sync I have no idea :)
    I must have had sync'ing on the brain. Anyway Push was supposed to be out in September but has been bumped until later. The only reason I give this any credibility is why would a company state its waiting on apple to release the push service for the iphone AND have a counter counting down the release of their application/service? Also 9 days would be a very good time for apple to bring the push service live, the holidays are coming up, and the iphone will be selling like hot cakes for christmas. I get the feeling we will see push in 9 days. The timing before the holidays and this company practically announcing push is coming live is a little to much for me not to give it credence.

6. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

I have two hopes...

1. That this is true, and we will, in fact, soon have push notification.

2. It gets jailbroken immediately. :)

7. MDMac macrumors regular

MDMac

I really hope this means push! I'm sent them an e-mail about the whole thing. I'll post back here when they reply.

8. Masquerade macrumors 6502a

Masquerade

If push notification gets real on 5 days then car , truck drivers should begiin to give rides all over the road...

9. scousebarry macrumors newbie

read it carefully!!!

well this is how i am reading it and i think i am right?!?!?!

the free beta download will be available in 5 days (not to include push) but they are waiting for push - to release the full appstore version (date unknown) :cool:

10. Frozen001 macrumors newbie

If you go to the forum you will find this...

So my guess is that in 5 days we will see a beta with out push... I really find it hard to believe Apple would release 2.2 and then a few days re-release new firmware to have push on it...

11. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

Unless Apple have put in push in the new firmware but the feature is waiting to be activated? Not a crazy idea, but true, why wait 9 days if you're sure the push services are coming, why not wait and release 2.2 under bigger fanfare? Or maybe it's Apple's way of somewhat downplaying the push service so it doesn't get completely hammered and destroyed the second it goes live?

All good points, either or none could happen!

12. Frozen001 macrumors newbie

I really think apple knows a large amount of it's userbase wants push... I think they just want to release it knowing that it will work 99% of the time with out any errors.... At least that is my hope...

13. MDMac macrumors regular

MDMac

Alright. I got an e-mail this morning from an Avego rep stating:

"We will be releasing our application with or without Push notification. We unfortunately have no idea when Apple will be making this capability available to the public."

So the info on their site is a bit misleading of you are just passing through. Oh well. ONE DAY! :p

14. scousebarry macrumors newbie

gives myself a pat on the back for being right!!!:p