apple system benchmark scores- online?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MinorBidoh, Jun 12, 2008.

1. MinorBidoh macrumors 6502

MinorBidoh

hey all,

Im looking for a page with the overall system benchmarks for apple's computers for the past couple/few years. I've seen Geektest scores for comparisons of a couple of models recently but nothing like a full table: ideally from the iMac G5s to current. Is there link out there or do I compile my own?!

many thanks, apologies if this is a daft question.

2. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

3. MinorBidoh thread starter macrumors 6502

MinorBidoh

4. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

5. MinorBidoh thread starter macrumors 6502

MinorBidoh

I've just had a damn good time searching xbench. My geeky side when into overdrive i tell thee, thanks. lol. As for .primatelabs. that proves to be a visually appealing source, definately ticks some boxes.

thanks for the bookmarks.:D

6. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Well color does tend to make things more attractive. :p :D :)

7. MinorBidoh thread starter macrumors 6502

MinorBidoh

its 6am where i am so bare with me.

a vast majority of threads that i see are either 'should i get a MB or a MBP?' or 'when is the next update for ... ?' Ok fair enough, apple release new products and we buy them because they are faster than the previous models, also applecare is very important to some and this is only for the first three years of its life.

Ive had my mac coming up four years and it seems Im doing the same processes that I was years ago and also before hand in the dark PC days. Today what more is the average user doing apart from word processing, the internet, itunes and burning media? Of course, there are apps for 'pros' which require a more heavy duty machine for the minority as it were.

I love my imac, however, the screen is broken and i need a laptop now that im moving house. All i require is the what seems day-to-day items on a laptop and for it to play Battlefield2 happily (sigh yes but its the only way of communication with my brother!).

off i go to early MBPs and dare i say an older PB :rolleyes:

8. mustang_dvs macrumors 6502a

mustang_dvs