Apple Tablet: 10 Things We (Already) Hate About You

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rdowns, Jan 26, 2010.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Hey, you gotta fight the fan boys. :D

Link

2. bnerd macrumors regular

Most of the items on that list can be said about ANY gadget released on the market.

3. bzollinger macrumors 6502a

bzollinger

Because it's been talked about constantly on every Apple/Mac site along with every major media site for what seems like months!!

Who-the-heck-cares?:D

It's starting to take on the Sara Palin syndrome, it just won't go away. Worst thing is, it hasn't even been announced yet!:p

4. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

1) v1 are buggy. Yup - hardware (maybe the first batch) and software.

2) It isn't a smartphone, it's a tablet. Apples and Oranges. Is a netbook a laptop?

3) There will be breakages. Get it on house insurance.

4) Multifunction devices can do a lot well. You, me, your partner are all multifunction devices...
    Tablet - on train, plane, coach, esp. car, den, couch, bed...

5) Robbery potential? Get MobileMe for it's lock down and find via GPS/wifi skills. Common sense.

6) Tablet didn't catch on due to the hardware being too big, and people not perfecting the OS.

7) A keyboard, some fingers. What's annoying for some is fine for others.
    It being tether will actually potentially make it very useful.

8) Netbooks are cheaper. So is a pad of paper and a pencil, 2 cans and some string. There's a reason they're cheaper. You're not better off with a MBA (in part because it's due a refresh at some point).

9) Something better is always coming.

10) Newton had some great tech.

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

It is said, but that does not mean that it is true. It seems that the Apple bashers have fallen to their last recourse--just making up $h!t.

Let me make this clear. I have no particular qualms about buying a first-generation Apple product. Among my first-generation purchases from Apple are a Power Mac G5, a (2009) 17" MacBook Pro, an original iPhone, and an iPhone 3GS. I am as happy as a clam with each purchase. I have no trouble from any of them.

I have never seen a prospective new product cause as much fear and loathing among the Apple haters as has been caused by the new Apple tablet. It is as if they know the jig is up.

6. bossxii macrumors 68000

It is rather funny, even my MS fanboy IT manager at work has been talking smack for a few weeks. He knows I use a MBP and iPhone and is pissed every time his boss (my boss as well) calls him in to the office to show him how cool some new app is lol. He knows his "IT" stuff around the office but clearly is lost when it comes to Apple related tech. They don't understand so they just hate on it.

If they took to the time to realize why people switch, and what they like about OSX they might learn something. Then again, ignorance is bliss for most of them, and they only play video games so if it's not about FPS they don't get it. Top that off with the fact that the average MS/PC fanboy that is visiting Apple forums to bash anything Apple thinks because they can "build" a computer (aka plug in a few parts a 4 yr old can do) they clearly know more about everything than any silly Apple user could possibly imagine.

"Seriously dude, if your computer can't play Crysis at 100 FPS it clearly is a pc of junk." That statement reassures me every time I see it that the world will never run out of fast food workers.

7. maghemi macrumors 6502

I love these threads, they get people so irate

8. bossxii macrumors 68000

? irate uhh.. sure. Glad you took the time away from playing video games to join our thread. Such clever insight you have there. :rolleyes:

9. maghemi macrumors 6502

My pleasure :)

10. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

Thanks for sharing, r. Till today, I have no idea whose needs will the Tablet serve and cater to. This is indeed going to be a niche market. Anyway, we'll find out soon in a couple of hours. . .

11. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

Any new products or new versions, there will be a few batches that may have problems. The company exchange out the bad ones as always. My first Wii was a dud and Nintendo send me a new one.

Why do people need netbooks?? There are demand for mini-laptops but no one want to lose the so called desktop power. We just want a mini-me size. Netbooks are totally wasted products.

Laptops evolved such that they can replace a desktop. Apple tablet may one day replace a macbook or other laptops.

12. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Calling the Newton the worlds biggest paperweight is far out.

Considering the amount of ****** products released on a regularly basis.

13. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

He is right about Rev. A products from Apple having big problems.

14. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

Ehh, I've had my fair share of Rev. A products in the past and I've never had any problems. I think its more of later Revs. i.e. iMac 2009.

15. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

If the CEO of McGraw-Hill is to be believed about what this tablet is to be, then I lost all interest in getting one.

I will chalk this up as a failure along with the Cube and Dalmation and Flower Power iMacs.

If there is no easy way to type efficiently, or no OS X, then this very well could be Apple's biggest blunder under SJ's leadership. Overall, Apple has done very well since his return and we can't all expect Apple to be great with every product.

I will hope not to cringe too much and just move on and hope Apple gets back to it's better self. If this product turns out worse than the hype, which has been a wreck and a way for Apple haters to gain ground, it could set back the company's reputation or possibly solidify how great the iPhone really is.

The iPhone already looks great, but next to what can be an oversized, underpowered piece of misplaced technology in this iPad/iSlate, the iPhone will look just that much more attractive.

16. NJMetsHero macrumors regular

Let's see what the thing is first before we say we do or don't need one. I find it weird that there are people making decisions based on the rumors or just because it's from Apple. The same people who own 3 Apple TV's...

17. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

I am reading the Palin book, and while very entertaining, it shows a person talented at many things as being a good local citizen/wife/mother/activist/etc, except for politics.

I would rather have Palin as President than have an overpriced iPad/iSlate that does not have OS X. This iPad sounds like Apple's most embarrassing affiliation, such as David Duke with the GOP or Lyndon LaRouche with the Democrats, or Tiger's girlfriends with the image of a golf superstar endorser. :)

People are going to be calling this thing iFail, iFlat, iBarf, or other flattering names too worthy for what can be an overpriced, non OS X PDA.

18. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

Are you serious? Apple has perfected UI's and sure as hell won't make a product that isn't simple and intuitive to type on.

Ah well, under 4 hours to go now.

19. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

The 2009 iMac is a brand new design so it is a Rev. A. :D

20. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

Yes. When the Cube came out and failed, I felt so bad. I wanted it so much to succeed and it really hurt to see what could have been a good idea gone bad. Price point was all wrong and the ports were not easy to get to. It was a mess.

When Dalmation iMac and Flower Power iMac came out, I thought "some" people would find it a refreshing change to a solid colored iMac, but instead it became the butt of many jokes. It also hurt.

This iPad/iSlate product has all the potential of becoming Apple's worst product since the 1990s. Just like I refuse to watch Daniel Pearl get his head cut off or Saddam Hussein get hanged, I refuse to watch this launch.

I think the CEO of McGraw-Hill gave us a preview of what will be the least desirable Apple product for my personal taste/needs.

I will live with iMac, Power Mac, Mac mini, iBook, iLife, iPod, and OS X just fine for now.