Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Instead of crying and complaining about my post, why not actually provide some good counter-points?

The point is, I, amongst thousands, possibly millions of others, want a tablet that runs Snow Leopard. And no, it's not called a "MacBook" to the comment after yours. The MacBook doesn't have the properties of a Tablet that we want.

The idea would be to take the guts out of the MacBook Air (Mainboard, processor) and make that into a Tablet. My money is on the table for that one. But you see, it's not as simple as going out an getting the ModBook -- Apple still needs to connect the dots for a proper OS X for use as a tablet. It's almost there! (What, with it's 512x512 icons, stacks, etc.)

Why is this so hard to grasp? We're not "speculating" that we want a proper tablet... we actually WANT a proper tablet :p
You might want to look at the Modbook. That might have to be written off as a business expense though.

Palm Pimp

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2009
2mcdrg2.jpg

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
I wonder if the iPad will accelerate the adoption by content providers of things like iTunes LP and iTunes Extras? They're unusable (more or less) on an iPhone or iPod Touch, but they should look good on an iPad.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
I wonder if the iPad will accelerate the adoption by content providers of things like iTunes LP and iTunes Extras? They're unusable (more or less) on an iPhone or iPod Touch, but they should look good on an iPad.

Probably not, given that the iPad market will be a drop in the music bucket

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Probably not, given that the iPad market will be a drop in the music bucket

Maybe, maybe not.

I would not be surprised if the number of people who buy an iPad to compliment a laptop will be low.

But the number who buy it to replace, or instead of, a laptop might be surprisingly robust.

I bought my MacBook Pro not because I needed a portable computer, but because it was the only option available to me to take media on the road. So the iPad has serious appeal to me as a compliment to a powerful desktop like a QC 27" iMac.

I'm sure I am not the rule, but I also am sure I am not the only exception.

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
Maybe, maybe not.

I would not be surprised if the number of people who buy an iPad to compliment a laptop will be low.

But the number who buy it to replace, or instead of, a laptop might be surprisingly robust.

I bought my MacBook Pro not because I needed a portable computer, but because it was the only option available to me to take media on the road. So the iPad has serious appeal to me as a compliment to a powerful desktop like a QC 27" iMac.

I'm sure I am not the rule, but I also am sure I am not the only exception.

Same here - I've been carrying a 17" MBP around with me, only to leave it in its case while opting to use the iPhone for e-mail responses, web surfing, composing long documents via Dragon Dictation, checking MLB sports scores, listening to and reviewing music, and even watching video. :eek:

The iPad is not yet at the stage to be running and interfacing with DAWs using Logic Pro, but I'm certain that day will come.

The sheer convenience of not having to open, startup, and deal with the weight and heat of an oversized clamshell is enough to sway me to get one of these babies.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Many believe that a Cocoa version of Logic Pro will eventually see the light of day.

I would like to believe this.
I should have been clearer. I've had some time to think but I still don't think Apple is going to make their devices install software as simple as drag and drop. They're going to want to be the gatekeeper on their software.

ARM Pro Apps or an x86 iPad. I think we can go from there.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Same here - I've been carrying a 17" MBP around with me, only to leave it in its case while opting to use the iPhone for e-mail responses, web surfing, composing long documents via Dragon Dictation, checking MLB sports scores, listening to and reviewing music, and even watching video. :eek:

I was planning to move to a 17" MBP once they went quad-core (pairing it with an external 30" LCD), but the more I heard about the iPad (even when the rumors said it would run the iPhone OS and not OS X "Desktop Edition") started me to think that it might just work for what I really want to do on a portable device and save me ~$2000.

I do want to wait a month or two to see what the App Community has in the pipeline, but I think the iMac+iPad will work for me.

zotes24

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2008
When i graduate college. i Want to sell my 13 inch macbook pro and get the 27 inch iMac and the iPad and be set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.