Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Howardchief

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2008
Sure wish there were more CEOs like Jobs/Cook. Happy employees make better products. I'm lucky enough to work for an institution where the CEO makes frequent visits to the lowest employees (me) and makes sure that the everyday front line workers get a bonus every year. They also encourage development as individuals. My immediate boss is the most carring person in the world. Tim Cook understands that his employees make Apple what it is just as much as the B of D and VPs. Good for Apple employees, they deserve it. This is a great way to ensure positive development. :apple:

Last edited:

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
You are aware that this only applies to execs, right? The "little" people in the trenches still have to work.

Umm, not sure you understand the article. Everyone gets the PTO. Corporate (including all the "little" people in the engineering, marketing, legal, etc departments) gets it during the week of Thanksgiving (in the US, international employees will get it other times when it make sense for them), retail will have to wait but will still get the extra time off. Shutting down retail operations the week of Thanksgiving would be suicide for any US company with a retail presence, but all employees in the corporate side will get that entire week off, not just the "execs".

jW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.