Apple taking it a bit far??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jayman34187, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Jayman34187 macrumors regular

Ummm yes!!

You might brick jailbroken phones?? How are you going to do that? You can deny repairs and updates in iTunes,but apple cannot get into someones personal and private phone and brick (destroy it) because you they don't like that people do what they want with there property which is now legal to jailbreak. Privacy laws and also destroying your phone is your right not apples right to do it for you. Don't let apple scare you , if they are stupid and this crazy to destroy your phone apple will be finding themselves back in court quicker than hell...and many will just not pay there partner AT&T for services.. I'm not dropping $500 for another phone because apple decided to break into my phone and brick it... Apple better get with reality. Anybody else here agree?

2. samcraig macrumors P6

take a deep breath. The go look at the several other threads discussing this including the one on the main page.

I guess you were so hoppin' mad that you decided to rant incoherently instead of searching?

3. dvanha macrumors newbie

Your choices as a consumer:

(1) Don't jailbreak
    (2) Find a different phone

I don't see why people are raging. If you're not happy with it, just don't buy into it. That is your role as a consumer.

4. cwubbels macrumors regular

cwubbels

Happens all the time, no biggie.

5. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

Steve Jobs isn't afraid to go to court.

If you really have a problem with it, then vote with your dollar. Uncle Steve is betting that you won't, though.

6. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

they're not planning on bricking your phone.

stupid rumor, just like the one about the droidX's bootloader which supposedly bricked your phone, which eventually turned out not to be the case

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Apple can not shoot dogs on the street! It would be against the law! This makes me upset for some reason!

Is this how this works? We say something Apple can't do, explain why they can't do it, and then act mad about it? I think I did it right.

8. samcraig macrumors P6

You left out the part where you post more than one thread about it.

9. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

This is a great way to "kill the goose that lays the golden eggs." Next they'll require mandatory health insurance to use Apple products. If Apple wants to stay on top, they will need to Make a better product and let the free market prevail.

10. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I don't get why some people don't understand this concept. Voting with your wallet is the best way to send a message to any company, Steve Jobs said this during the D8 conference back in June regarding the iPad and the lack of Flash support, and he said this again in July during the Antenna Press Conference if you aren't 100% satisfied with the product, take it back.

11. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Hmm. I think they'll be fine no matter what. And regardless of corporate policy, most Geniuses couldn't care less if the jailbreak. Since they're the warranty gatekeepers, that's really all that matters.

12. ddavid macrumors regular

Kind of like OnStar having the ability to kill your engine or unlock your doors. Once they assume that the phone has been stolen or hacked they have the right to "do stuff." Since the courts just ruled that users can Jailbreak their phones I suppose they can't brick it but they can disable "stuff" because it's an unauthorized device. Personally I like the idea of them bricking the phone and having it require a trip to the Genius bar to fix it, for a fee.

13. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Why?

14. chembox macrumors 6502a

I think 'mano would be more appropriate for 'bro'.

It's a slang version of hermano (brother), without the 'her'.

15. Jayman34187 thread starter macrumors regular

A phone and a car are different ... A car is more valuable and nobody should do anything unless the customer wants it. Are we having big issues with stolen iPhones? I haven't heard anything why apple so worried about it? Your phone is your responsibility and if it gets stolen you call AT&T and have them turn service off on it. you buy another phone and learn to be responsible with it so this don't happen again. Problem solved. Apple shouldn't do anything but make phones and butt out of peoples business and lives and not worry who is using a customers phone. If I let my gf borrow my phone that is my business not apples. If I want to legally jailbreak my phone that is my business not apples. Bottom line.... Make your iPhone apple and be thankful you have many who like your product/ I however will be going the android route next phone because I don't like you apple.... Stop trying to be big brother and concentrate on sensor issues and 3G owner performance issues to start wth