Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009
True Apple motives

It turns out that Apple is trying to use this lawsuit to learn technical details about upcoming models of Samsung phones:

"Samsung Electronics says a pending federal court motion by Apple is an attempt to run an "end around the competition in the marketplace" and learn details about several of Samsung's cell phone models before they hit the market."

"Samsung says in addition that Apple's discovery requests are overbroad. Apple apparently seeks not only samples of five actual Samsung products before their commercial release, but also an extensive range of documents and marketing materials."

Link

MacNewsFix

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2007
Twin Cities
I've played with the Xoom too and I agree with you. Recently I got my hands on the Incredible 2 and got to spend a lot of time with it. After playing with it, it's become obvious that all the critics in these forums have never touched an Android phone. My contract for the iPhone is up next month and I'm definitely getting the incredible. The OS with HTC Sense is what the iPhone IOS should have been.

Will a slightly used HTC Hero (with HTC Sense) on Sprint do? I'll gladly swap.

tinman0

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2008
It turns out that Apple is trying to use this lawsuit to learn technical details about upcoming models of Samsung phones:

"Samsung Electronics says a pending federal court motion by Apple is an attempt to run an "end around the competition in the marketplace" and learn details about several of Samsung's cell phone models before they hit the market."

"Samsung says in addition that Apple's discovery requests are overbroad. Apple apparently seeks not only samples of five actual Samsung products before their commercial release, but also an extensive range of documents and marketing materials."

Link

Considering Samsung have gone to excessive lengths copying Apple, I think Apple are well within their rights to ask to see engineering prototypes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.