Apple Tattoo

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by LePigeonBleu, Jul 28, 2013.

1. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

Heya!

So, I would like to get a tattoo, mainly something Apple related. I was thinking a nice "Here's to the Crazy Ones" going somewhere on my back, but than realized, I can't draw, and I want an Apple fan drawing it, not a tattoo artist.

Here's my thought... Is it possible to have an apple logo with here's to the crazy ones written on the apple?

Ideas? Drawings? Thoughts?

mark

-i will pay the person for artwork, if i so decide to get that tattoo done. :)

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

As someone with several tattoos, I would very strongly suggest that you think long and hard about an Apple tattoo. While it seems like a great idea at the moment, I am assuming that you are young, and nifty tattoos of things like Apple logos and sayings may not be something you value as much in 20 years. Remember, for all practical purposes, tattos are forever. Yes, one can have laser removal, but getting a tat with the idea that one might want to have it removed is not, IMO, a sterling idea.

It's important to say that, as one who has tattoos, I have absolutely no problem with one deciding to get some ink. A couple of suggestions, along with the caveat above...most important, do a bunch of reading, both pro and con, about tattoos. Second, do an inspection of the tattoo studio before making an appointment and carefully examine their sterilization procedures (information about what to look for can be found online). Third, have a meeting with the artist you select prior to your appointment to discuss the artwork you select. You may get someone to create artwork you like, but the tattoo artist should be consulted so your artwork, and any problems it presents, can be clarified.

Finally, the location of your ink. I strongly suggest that you not have it anywhere that shows when you are dressed for work...it could be a problem at worst, an embarrassment at least. Also, aftercare with a tat is as important a procedure to avoid infection or other problems as the proper sterile proceduresa used by the artist doing your tattoo. If you are going to get the the tat somewhere on your body that you can't easily reach for proper care for the week to 10 days of healing, there must be someone there 2-3 times a day for careful aftercare.

I love my tats, which were selected because I liked the aesthetics of the design, but with no other particular significance. I enjoy seeing then every morning after getting out of the shower and brushing my teeth, etc. But be smart, think this decision over carefully, do A LOT of reading, and be aware that your ideas about things will change over time.

BTW: I had my first tat done at the age of 66...I thought it over a LONG time!:D

3. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Do you remember how cool Nokia phones were back in the 90's? Would you want a Nokia Tattoo now? Probably not. I like Apple as much as the next guy on here, but a Think different tattoo or whatever might not look as cool 20 or 30 years from now.

4. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Don't get logos of multinational corporations tattooed on your body. It looks stupid.

5. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Pictures? I'm guessing a different coffee bean on each knuckle?
    :D

6. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

You lose your bet, Mate...

Attached Files:

7. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Is it a coffee bean in the middle of the third photo?

8. LePigeonBleu thread starter macrumors 6502

point taken.

i still would like a "here's to the crazy ones" tattoo though.

m

9. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

How about getting it in Chinese or something? That might look cool. Just make sure you get it translated properly. Otherwise, like Penny you will have a tattoo for soup!

10. Pompiliu macrumors 6502a

Pompiliu

Canon ones look OK. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Funny thing...in the photo of (what I am assuming) is you, it doesn't appear that you have such beautiful breasts!

Must be the T shirt disguising it!:p

;)

----------

Whatever you decide...please read the practical information in Post# 2 to prepare yourself for the experience.

Good luck with your decision...:D

12. HE15MAN macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I've spent the better part of my adult life wanting a tattoo and never really being certain of what I wanted. I had one idea in mind, but I have to finish something first. That being said, the idea of a corporation being tattooed on me does seem rather silly. I've also felt it was silly when others do it. Then I saw someone with a Cubs logo and it seemed less silly. Maybe a sports team is much different than a corporate logo in my mind.

Your tattoo sounds like it could be just the words. I actually find the words to be fine. Not everyone, even people who own Apple products, may know what the words mean. The Apple logo will obviously tie the two together, and that's your prerogative, but the words alone are much better in my opinion.

As far as the artist goes, this is text and a logo. You can't exactly go wrong with just about anyone who can (and will) trace the logo. Your best bet is to come in with a drawing and let the tattoo artist sit with it. They will know what is possible and what isn't. Your idea is rather straightforward though. The biggest issue would be the style of lettering really. If you get some artist to do this for you (or choose a nice font on the computer) then it may not translate well in a tattoo. Also, the size will determine the style of lettering.

After decades of thinking about my first tattoo the idea was basically handed to me after a personal tragedy. I feel incredibly confident of the idea and though I have it all laid out, I too will have to let a tattoo artist work with it to ensure it can fit where I want it to fit and not look crowded or tacky. In other words, don't be afraid to let someone who may not be an Apple fan draw the design, let the tattoo artist work with the design to ensure it will work (they can also just do what you say and let you live with it), and think about the logo itself. Is it necessary to display the logo or do the words mean more to you? To me, the words mean far more and the logo is unnecessary.

Shrink has already given you wonderful advice. Especially with the after care. While I haven't had a tattoo yet, I've had people in my life who have gotten them (even paid for by me) who have required some care. Also, for the first year, you need to wear sunscreen whenever you're not covered in the sun. Anytime, no matter how long you're out in the sun. The sun will prematurely fade the ink. Ink fades over time, but for the first 6-12 months, you're supposed to really do what you can to protect your new tattoo.

As far as the Canon logo, the same still applies even as cool as it looks. As for the Canon camera, that to me is completely acceptable. Unless you create a cartoon a camera, you're going to end up using some brand as a reference. I wouldn't mind a small camera somewhere, but I was always reluctant which suggested to me I wasn't serious enough about it.
    Good luck to you.