Apple Tech Support Employee mentions "new iPhone"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jpcanaverde, Jun 21, 2011.

1. jpcanaverde macrumors member

Hey. I just called Apple Tech Support because of some problems I had with my iPod touch, and after much talk, I said I would rather just buy a new iPod or even an iPhone. And then he got all excited/nervous, and started talking about the new iOS that would release this fall, and then said it was just speculation, but that along with new versions, usually new iPhones come, so he said that a new iPhone would come this fall, and adviced me to wait.

I mean, it's not nothing that we didn't already knew about, but I think it's strange for an Apple employee to talk about the "iPhone 5" (although he just said new iPhone, never mentioned 5).

Just wanted you guys to know. Shame I didn't record the call, never even thought that anything like this could happen.

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

If you search a bit you will see that it's not too uncommon for phone support or geniuses to talk about rumors they have heard. However they don't have any special information, the guy you talked to probably was just reading online rumor stuff like the rest of us.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Apple support doesn't know crap. They're as clueless as the rest of us on rumors.

4. jpcanaverde thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, but it's still strange. Doesn't Apple have policies that don't allow employees to talk about this stuff?

5. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

If it was someone in the know then there is absolutely no way they would reveal such information to the general public.