Apple technical support - hilarious.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ChrisWB, Sep 20, 2011.

1. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

Hey everyone, I received a rather bizarre response from Apple's email technical support. It's strangely worded, doesn't address my issue, and he appears to think that my name is "Mr. Christopher City of Sydney" (I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico).

Keep in mind that I purchased the app through the iTunes store, and my account is verified. It has been for years.

--------------------

Hello Mr. City of Sydney,

My name is Micah, with iTunes Store Customer Support. I hope you are having a good day. I understand you have not been able to use the "Write A Review" link in the iTunes Store.

I certainly realize your concern and I will assist you to the best of my ability.

Christopher, before you can write a review you must purchase the item within the iTunes Store.

Also I discovered you you have not completed the verification process for your iTunes Store account. I definitely understand how this can be an inconvenience for you.

Fortunately, you can have the verification email resent to you by following these steps:

1) Visit http://appleid.apple.com

2) Click "Manage your account".

3) Enter your Apple ID name and password, then click Sign In.

4) Click the "Resend" link under your email address.

If you do not receive the resent verification email, please sign in to http://appleid.apple.com and confirm that there is not a typo in your email address. If there is a typo, click the "Edit" link to the right of your email address, make the necessary corrections, and click the "Save Changes" button. The verification email will be sent to the corrected email address.

If you still have issue with verifying your account after performing the suggested troubleshooting.

Mr. City of Sydney, I can verify the account for but before I can do this, Apple requires that you provide the following for security reasons:

- The billing address listed on the account
    - Your permission to complete the verification process for your iTunes Store account

If you do not remember what billing address you used when creating the account, please follow the steps below to locate it:

1) Visit Apple's My Info website: <http://myinfo.apple.com>
    2) Choose your country and preferred language.
    3) Enter your iTunes Store account name and password then click Continue.
    4) Choose Address Book from the menu on the left. On the Edit Address Book page, look at your shipping address at the bottom.
    5) Click Log out in the upper-right corner.

Upon receiving your response, Apple will confirm your information and verify the account for you. I look forward to your reply and assisting you further. Thanks for choosing iTunes Mr. City of Sydney. Take care and enjoy your day.

Sincerely,

Micah (Charlotte, NC)
    iTunes Store Advisor
    Hours: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM EST (Mon- FRI)
    iTunes Store/Mac App Store Customer Support
    http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you. You may receive an
    AppleCare survey email; any feedback you provide would be greatly
    appreciated.

Please note: Some e-mail providers may filter responses from AppleCare as
    spam or junk mail. Please check your spam or junk folders to ensure you
    receive a reply to your response.

a
    --------------------

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

That could be a scam. If you didn't do anything to your Apple ID account, then you could ignore it. To be on the safe side, you may want to change your Apple ID password.

4. ChrisWB thread starter macrumors 6502

Intell,

This is a response to a support request I sent in.

5. Shrink, Sep 20, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2011

Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Seems very helpful to me :eek:

I've never used the email tech support. I have, on NUMEROUS occasions, used the phone tech support. They have always been very helpful - they never give up until the problem is solved.

Also, they are generally coherent and rational. :D