Apple technician guide for the nMP

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Gav Mack, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Gav Mack macrumors 68020

Gav Mack

I am shortly going to tear down a black can for a horsepower transplant, I wondered if there was any kind apple tech able to send me a copy via pm as I can't seem to find a searchable PDF on the web and my usual source is off sick from work for about a month!

2. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

Speaking as a ACMT, the Apple Service Guide for the nMP calls for a bunch of parts to cradle the system and components a certain way, and some specialized hand tools to disassemble the system. Without them, the guide will be a bit useless.

I'd just go by what iFixit has for a real-world tear down.

3. Tutor, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014

Tutor macrumors 65816

Tutor

Home of the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute
    Gav Mack, I'd also recommend that you get yourself an anti-static wriststrap first.

P.S. Take a look at this thread - http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1722809 .

4. Gav Mack, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014

Gav Mack thread starter macrumors 68020

Gav Mack

I'd heard that was the case about the cradle - its things like the recommended order of tightening sequences that I would find the service guide really handy along with the thermal paste policy and type. Plus it's the only one missing in my set :D

----------

Won't the copper heating pipe and my rubber floor mat suffice :D

Cheers for that info Tutor - there was always going to be an AS-5 comparison coming with with this far cheaper version of OWC's Xeon upgrades :D

5. Browsing macrumors newbie

Browsing

I also would love to have the technician guide.