Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

ios_6_icon-150x141.jpg
BGR reports that Apple has begun carrier testing of iOS 6.0.1, the first bug fix update to iOS 6 since its release just over a month ago. According to the report, iOS 6.0.1 addresses several issues including a visual glitch most commonly seen on the iPhone keyboard when entering an account password in the App Store.
iOS 6.0.1 should fix the horizontal lines bug on the screen when the keyboard or app folder is open, and it will also fix a problem with the camera's flash not going off.

In addition, the new software will improve Wi-Fi support, fix cellular data not working in some cases, add a consolidated cellular data switch for iTunes Match, fix a bug that allowed access to Passbook pass details from the lock screen, and also finally fix the bug that caused Exchange meetings to be unexpectedly cancelled for the entire calendar invite group.
Apple is reportedly also just beginning testing of iOS 6.1, with the timing of that testing suggesting that the update is not likely to arrive in time for any of the new hardware launches over the coming weeks. It is also unclear what changes are included in iOS 6.1.

Article Link: Apple Testing iOS 6.0.1 with Fixes for Keyboard Screen Glitch, Camera Flash Issues, and More

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
please fix iTunes Match and bring back the delete a song button, its become utterly useless on iOS6

sza

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2010
In iOS 6, the complex password sometimes are not be able to typed in. Please fix it. :mad:

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Sometimes?

Try switching between apps, and trying to continue..... It deletes whats been typed... This bugs the hell out of me when trying to enter a god dam app-specific password from my Gmail account for Mail.

Security reason? I'd buy that, but just bearly, as it still p#%* me off.

Flah not going off .....lol

Oppsy...

Somone stuffed this one up. Then again, i never used the camera that often, so i would't know.

Don't create folders either... So these bug fixes are all new to me..

Maybe if a bug was to fix the"iPad not switching on" , id notice

So, whch will come first...... Me loosing my hair, or IOS 6 update :mad:

Last edited:

Bathplug

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Bring back google maps.
Remove the tacky colour changing status bars.
Fix or bring back the old app store.
Bring back the cloud icons and ability to delete individual songs in itunes match.
Remove the facebook & twitter icons from the share sheets. I'm not signed into either service in settings so I don't want to see the facebook & twitter breadcrums scattered around ios.

Imo iOS 6 is a weak update. Made a few things worse and unnecessary additions but with a handful of new decent features.

DomC

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
I wonder how many people actually test a release like this via "carrier testing". Maybe if they opened up testing to a larger sampling group of actual users they could find more bugs before release. Such as oh I don't know, battery drain?

irfan.kara06

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
It's fine for me! Getting 10 hours of usage with a day+ of standby on my iPhone 5.

I've done absolutely everything, restored as new phone, replaced the phone, changed settings. everything. Still can't get more than 5-6 hours of usage and like 10-12 hours of standby.

dr_lha

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2003
Adding to the "what about" chorus, I hope they fix the issue where stuff like Podcasts start playing from paused after you end a phone call, even if they weren't playing before the phone call.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Bring back google maps.
Remove the tacky colour changing status bars.
Fix or bring back the old app store.
Bring back the cloud icons and ability to delete individual songs in itunes match.
Remove the facebook & twitter icons from the share sheets. I'm not signed into either service in settings so I don't want to see the facebook & twitter breadcrums scattered around ios.

Imo iOS 6 is a weak update. Made a few things worse and unnecessary additions but with a handful of new decent features.

The old App Store was better.... Browsing everything, including Purchases, scrolling is slow and jerky at times.

The only thing i like about it, is the pop-up, sadly not enough details in the purchases section. So, hopefully either fix, or ditch.

Big cookie....

iRCL

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2011
God, some of you people are seriously living in the past with what you gripe about. Must be the same people still running SL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.