Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 31, 2009
What is the point of paying $25 for iTunes Match Apple just another greedy bunch of morons that think everyone wants Apple Music.

HenryAZ

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2010
South Congress AZ
I still have stations, as well. But, since nothing official has been said by Apple, I am wondering what the future of iTunes Match and the radio stations provided that way will be. The only reason I subscribe to iTunes Match is to have the radio stations ad free. $25 a year for that extra is worth it, but I'm not sure I'll go $10/month just for radio stations, if that is how it is going to shake out.

WJKramer

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2008
So I have been playing much attention to this. Some of the Genre stations as well as featured stations have disappeared in preparation for the update to Apple Music and the new Radio service. I haven't complained though because most of those stations where simply playlists that just repeat and repeat. If you delete all your genre stations then re-add them they have been updated recently and are much improved.

mpfuchs

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2014
VA
So does anybody know if your iTunes Match subscription get's you ad free radio on Apple Music?
That's the only thing still unclear to me...

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
In my reading it appears you will see the same stations via Match you see with Apple Music. Main difference is skip limit is removed for AM subscribers.

whathesaid

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2010
UK
So does anybody know if your iTunes Match subscription get's you ad free radio on Apple Music?
That's the only thing still unclear to me...

According to this:

http://www.imore.com/apple-music-faq

If you currently subscribe to iTunes Match—which, for $24.99 a year, gives you ad-free skips of iTunes Radio and access to your entire music library in iCloud—Apple Music appears to essentially duplicate this feature. According to Apple's website.

mpfuchs

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2014
VA
According to this:

http://www.imore.com/apple-music-faq

If you currently subscribe to iTunes Match—which, for $24.99 a year, gives you ad-free skips of iTunes Radio and access to your entire music library in iCloud—Apple Music appears to essentially duplicate this feature. According to Apple's website.

Sweet! Thanks for the info. I hadn't checked out imore's coverage yet. I'm on it now ;)

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
There is something odd going on with webloc playlists. I couldn't find any of the one's I'd added on my Mac. Found them on another machine also running the latest OS, latest iTunes. None of them would play. Xferd over to my Macs these playlists show up with odd names and are inoperative.
Apple may well be limiting us to what stations they're willing to offer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.