Apple this is the last straw!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zoran, Mar 21, 2008.

1. zoran macrumors 68030

Unfortunately after reading MBPro buyers experiences who claim that the yellowing issue is still here i have a suggestion to make. We must do something about Apples denial in answering thousands of emails regarding the known yellowing issue that led MBPro screens still have!
    This is outrageous, Apple still hasn't addressed this issue to the public, we must do something to push things hoping Apple will take action... finally.
    Ok im listening to ideas...

2. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

let's march! grab your signs and let's burn steve jobs effigee:D

3. EMAGDNIM macrumors member

EMAGDNIM

4. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

zoran, did you email steve?
    how about throwing a brick through his wind shied or something? :D

5. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

i believe the "yellowing" issue only affects a small number of mac users. that is probably the reason for their lack of interest in addressing the problem. take the small number of people that claim to have the yellowing and cut that number by 1/4 since some think they have it and are only viewing the screen at odd angles. but if you do have it, apple has not really had a problem replacing the units.

name one computer manufacture that does not have defects of some sort.

just my 2 sense!!

6. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

Of course i email him, twice! The things is that Apple doesn't admit the problem and in countries where Apple isn't present but only through resellers there is a problem! If you have yellowing issue and ask for a replacement they say, "this isnt a problem, Apple has not informed us so"!
    Anyhow leaving aside what going on to other countries, it seems like Apple is still ignorant towards its buyers and this is driving me crazy! I thought that in the new Penryn MBPros both 15" and 17" the yellowing issue would have been dealt with! But no... not even an announcement so we know where we stand here!
    And no i would never think to harm Steve, i see him as the saviour of Apple, he has enough credit (dont worry about that windshield Steve :D )

7. Achiever macrumors 6502

Achiever

You don't mess with The Zoran!!!!

8. mrmacosx macrumors member

Calibrate

Hi,

My Penryn MBP also has the 'yellowing' issue, and I was using the basic 'Color LCD' calibration thing. I calibrated and now, no problemo! My monitor's an 9C80.

mrmacosx

9. PowerBookRelic macrumors 6502

Does this mean that some of the computers that have the yellowing problem are really just suffering from a bad color profile?

10. mcbeej macrumors member

I have a new Penryn, bought yesterday, and it has an uneven screen with the yellowing problem, even after profiling. So the problem still definitely exists.

11. masse macrumors 6502a

masse

screw the yellowing issue. I'm more pissed about paying $20 bucks for the remote. I'd buy a pc just to spite the bastards.

12. wgilles macrumors 6502

wgilles

I'm against protesting but I don't have a way to show it...

13. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

That stinks they still haven't fixed this. I think if you're going to spend at least $2,000 something shouldn't have hat kind of problem. Anyone know if this happens with the macbooks?